Lady kills snake and couldn't be more proud

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg id so flame her if i had a ebay acc what a clown

Just been browsing through the regs here in SA and it would be interesting to see what the law makes of it. I read the following section to refer only to poisonous reptiles not carpets going about their own lawful business.

54—Dangerous magpies and poisonous reptiles
(1) It is lawful for any person without any permit or other authority under this Act, to kill
any Australian magpie that has attacked or is attacking any person.
(2) It is lawful for any person without any permit or other authority under this Act, to kill
any poisonous reptile that—
(a) has attacked, is attacking or is likely to attack, any person; or
(b) is in dangerous proximity to any person; or
(c) is, or has been, in such proximity to a person as to cause reasonable anxiety to
that person.

Not sure what the regs are in her state of residence but most of the states are similar.

:?

why was this even bought here? so you can hang judgment on her ??

ok she did the wrong thing in our eyes, we know better, we are aware of how to deal with such a situation (leaving aside the fact the animal was outside)

it is NOT against the law to kill a snake if you are in fear of your familys or pets wellbeing.

im sorry no were in the legal system of any state does it say you can kill a proteced animal to save a pet never mind the fact that her cat was outside wich is illegal without a at cage through the entire country. and to top it all off it was a python and she knew it was a python even a 2 meter one poses no threat to a human if left alone.

so to sum up

she killed protected native wildlife to save an introduced pest speices that was hunting other protected native wildlife when it got attacked by the snake.

this is the reason why i hate people i really do they dont actually care about the enviroment or our wildlife so long as they have thier cute and fluffy animals the rest of the world can rot.

I agree with you fuscus...... I could eat all Aussie snakes and not die from poisoning.
Therefor no one is legally allowed to kill any snake in Aus as they are protected and all venomous not poisonous.
Poisons do harm if swallowed in 99.9% of poisons.
Venom has to enter the blood stream.:oops:

No australian wildlife authority will ever even attempt to pursue the issue. As stated its nearly impossible to get a conviction by killing a snake near your home regardless of other options available.

Also it isnt against the law across the country to have uncaged cats outside. This area is governed by council by laws and there is still many councils that dont require this.

why was this even bought here? so you can hang judgment on her ??

ok she did the wrong thing in our eyes, we know better, we are aware of how to deal with such a situation (leaving aside the fact the animal was outside)

it is NOT against the law to kill a snake if you are in fear of your familys or pets wellbeing.

are you kidding?
hang her i say
if she was a responsible cat owner she wouldnt of been an irresponsible snake killer
she admits to killing a protected species, so she should be convicted and given the maximum fine

i think itd be interesting for her to see it from a snake owners point of view, i bet it hasnt even occured to her that people would dissagree with what she did

I agree with you fuscus...... I could eat all Aussie snakes and not die from poisoning.
Therefor no one is legally allowed to kill any snake in Aus as they are protected and all venomous not poisonous.
Poisons do harm if swallowed in 99.9% of poisons.
Venom has to enter the blood stream.:oops:

That's actually not true, it's a myth propagated by snake people (it's mostly snake people that take notice). Poison includes any substance which causes damage by chemical action. Many dictionaries include venomous snakes as examples of poisonous things.

You can ingest many poisons without harm. For example, you can drink kerosene and it won't hurt you. If you inject kerosene you'll be in trouble. You'd never call kerosene a venom. There are countless things which are harmful if injected but harmless if ingested.

Venomous is a better word to use when referring to snakes, because venom is a more specific word than poison, but venom is a type of poison, so both terms are correct. It's a bit like saying a snake is not an animal because it's a reptile. It's both.

As for the snake killer, it's a shame people will be called heros in situations like these :( The snake was otherwise going to do a bit of good for the world, ironically the hero saved the vermin and killed the precious animal. Unfortunately you'll never ever get anyone in the slightest bit of legal trouble for killing a wild snake because they'll always claim they believed there was a danger, and perhaps more importantly, most people will take their side. Raising awareness is good, but getting angry and aggressive doesn't help our cause, it just makes us seem fanatical to the other side and makes them resentful and more keen to kill more snakes. The biggest effect it'll have is upsetting you. Frustrating, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.