• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lampropholis delicata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veredus

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have Delicate Garden Skinks (Lampropholis delicata) that they will sell, I would like to set up a captive colony for an ecology research project

I don't believe anybody here has them, would you believe they are rarer than Green Tree Pythons in captivity? :shock:

If you are really serious you can apply for a scientific permit that would allow you to take some from the wild (your garden :) ) but without the backing of a university or a research facility, it's not likely to be approved.

Thanks MrBredli, yeh I can believe they are rare in captivity on account of them being so common in people's backyards. Suppose people just arent interested in the more common creatures.

I keep and breed Lampropholis delicata, (as well as Lampropholis guichenoti), and yes, by comparison Chondros are very common in captivity, but then again, very many species are far less common than Chondros and most of them aren't at all expensive or in demand. I think I'm currently the only person legally keeping them in Victoria, but I think there might be one or two keepers with them in NSW (I think two or three of mine which went to a Melbourne keeper a couple of years ago later ended up in NSW). It took me several years to track my first ones down and I haven't heard of any others available since then. Demand is higher than you'd think, but no one is willing to pay big dollars for them. I have a few people who will probably tear me limb from limb if I advertise them, or sell them to anyone else before they get theirs, so probably won't have any available this season, but people are prone to backing out and I may breed more than I'm expecting. Because of their size, they'll never be all that popular, but they're great little lizards, very fun to have around. If you'd like to discuss things further, feel free to send me a PM or email ( [email protected] ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back