leaking python please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wattso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As u know my pyth 'monty' is having a weird shed, has clouded up twice, at the moment eyes still cloudy but is rubbing alot from time to time. Porblem is I discovered a raised scvale on his side thats leaking clear fluid!! think he spiked on branch? not look like much damage but I'm wrorried, should I rush to vet? please respond asap Thankyou much!
p.s. sorry put this topic in wrong forum befor(chit chat) maybe slateman can delete?

yeah i would be aswell because the wounds can get infected and i dont have a clue what the clear fluid . i am praying for the lil guy

Thanks, ive painted the site with iodine for now. x fingers! Bit wrorried bout poss infection!

Dunno what you are using as a substrate but as an added precaution use paper.

Yeah I'm using newspaper which i change every few days and whenever its messed! Should i not soak him again to avoid infection?

Just keep the wound site/sites clean and apply iodine daily.Take him to the vet the first chance you get just to be safe and to make sure there isnt a foreign body still in the wound (which will get infected).Vet will probably give you something that will work better than iodine.

Thanks fangs, had a good look under strong light, nothing in the wound, i think he just punctured the outer skin and the fluid is whatever they get under skin when they shed ! It dosent seem to be leaking now. I just freaked out! Hes goin to vet tommorow! thanks for replying ,mate :wink:

Thanks Africancichlidau ! :wink:

Wattso,
Could be a wound or could be a blister from keeping him too humid, or he's been sitting in his water bowl too much leading upto the shed.
I would clean with Betadine(Iodine) like Fangs suggested, maybe twice a day, and keep the viv as dry as you can after he has shed, but like others say, if in doubt, take him to the vets, if you know one that knows about reptiles that is.

NCHERPS

Thanks nc herps, hasnt been in his water though thats why i been giving soak now n then cause he didnt shed after hes eyes cleared, now cloudy again. Vets best ,ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back