legalities of selling snakes via facebook

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We Auction and run competitions for reptiles on our Facebook page all the time. I can't find anywhere where it says it is illegal or why it would be illegal. All paperwork still needs to be done as per normal. I think the whole no livestock on Ebay thing makes questions get asked about other sites.

Seriously who cares?
It's usually the goody goody gumdrops that nitpick every legislation which usually means tighter restrictions on the hobby.

It is most likely bending the rules in NSW at least,along with people setting up websites to try and sell what they produce.

Technically the only places you are allowed to advertise are herp societies and websites such as this dedicated to reptiles.

Gumtree also removed one of my ads advertising my frozen rodents, because it was 'inapproriate'. There was no graphic pictures or details - forgive snakes for needing to eat!

Really? wow that's abit ridiculous hey. Sometimes I wonder about the people governing these sorts of things. It's entirely appropriate to the people who own snakes, it is only a type of pet food after all. Anyway slightly off track there haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back