Legless Lizard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
I dont have a legless lizard but i just want to know when and what to feed them it? legless lizards are something that doesnt come up on these forums. im just curous to know.

Bye

p.s sorry about the grammer spelling ect ect,

They predominately predate on skinks, so they are a bit harder then most reptiles to keep in captivity.

They predominately predate on skinks, so they are a bit harder then most reptiles to keep in captivity.

thats only for burtons, what species are you thinking of oenpelli girl? Burtons are the cheapest but as said they onlhy eat other lizards. Scaly foots are a little easyer to feed but harder to breed and are not cheap. Havent heard much about delma's

cool, does anyone think that they would make a good pet? can you even buy them? if so could they be kept in a cage with a 30cm or less childrens python?

Most are insectivores, burton's eat small lizards, some will even try sap or fruit.

cool, does anyone think that they would make a good pet? can you even buy them? if so could they be kept in a cage with a 30cm or less childrens python?

I really like them, dont keep any at the moment but looking into it. You can buy them, Burtons are normally about $180-$200 as hatchies and captive bred scaly foots i think i was told will be about $600-$700 this coming season, they are quite difficult to breed. You could keep it with your childrens but will be a very expensive feed item.

Not sure on burtons but for the insect eaters i'd feed every 2-3days

coz geckos are preety big comperd 2 a legless lizard it about half to size do u think about 1ce evy week

I wouldn't keep it with a python, one or the other will end up on the dinner menu (Probably the snake will eat the lizard depending on their sizes)

most geckos are actually pretty small compared to some pygopods. All depends on the species. For juvies daily feeding, adults cut back to ever 3 days or so

I really like them, dont keep any at the moment but looking into it. You can buy them, Burtons are normally about $180-$200 as hatchies and captive bred scaly foots i think i was told will be about $600-$700 this coming season, they are quite difficult to breed. You could keep it with your childrens but will be a very expensive feed item.

I've heard scaley foots are very similar in husbandry to geckoes and not that difficult to breed at all.

coz geckos are preety big comperd 2 a legless lizard it about half to size do u think about 1ce evy week

Most legless lizards are small but scaley foots and burton's can get quite large and would easily be able to handle a few skinks or geckoes.

i have spoken to danny brown and he said pygopus are not the easyest to breed, yes, kept alot like geckos but breeding poses a few difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back