Letter from a non-member

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yet another non-member emailed request for advice. I've emailed her with a link to this post. Thanks in advance for any help on her behalf :

Hi,Im doing a school project about reptiles and was wondering if you can help me with a few questions please?

Can you tell me do snakes and lizards need to be wormed?

Also how do you give them their vitamins?And also what temperature do reptiles best digest their food.I would appreciate any answers you can give me,T

hankyou for your time ,Lucie

Hello Lucie,
Snake as with most animals including ourselves they do get worms, so we do have to worm them from time to time. With our animals being in captivity they do not recieve the correct amount of vitamins they would in the wild, so we do give them extra vitamins like calcium in the form of powder and tablets. Being cold blooded they are unable to digest food as we do, so they need external heat sorce such as the sun or in captivity a light globe, snakes and lizards do not like to get to hot about 28-32 degrees is the best for them to be active and digest food....hope that helps
and good luck with your school project

Reply from Lucie:

Hi,Thankyou for your help,it was just what I needed,Thanks again Lucie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back