License help wanted!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Hi, I need to know, say if I spent $60 on a class 1 license for 2 years, and then got a Bearded Dragon, when the date ran out, would I need to give the reptile pack to a pet store? If thats the case, licenses are not for me!! Or is it simply the case that you get the license, then you can keep the reptiles as long as you want, even when the date runs out? Or, most likely, is it that you just have to get another license, just before the date on your old one ends?

Any answers to these question, or even more information on licenses would be greatly appreciated.:)

Cheers,

S-buster.

After the date you have to renew it to keep the reptiles... I payed like $55 or so for 5years but im in QLD.

It is $50 for one year, and if you still have reptiles after that year and want to keep keeping them then you have to pay for the license another $50 for another year. And don't buy from a petstore, they are alot more expensive.

they send you a renewal form around septemeber and you have to pay for the licence. the only time youd have to give the animal back is if you let the licence expire ask your parents its like paying for rego on a car they will help you more. and you will need them to sign it befor you can get it anyway as your only 10 and you need to be over 18.

also if you get your licence i have a male baby bearded dragon you can have if you want for free.

there are a couple of conditions tho
pm me for detalis

Im not 100% on this but i remember reading once that, in Victoria you can keep 1 bluey or 1 beardie before needing a licence.
Anyone from Vic know?

Maybe it was for a different state.........

Renewing the license is easy if you save up for it. After you outlay the initial $60, get yourself a money tin that you cannot get into and save $2 a week over the two years and you will have the money to renew the license and you won't have to get rid of your pet.

Once your license expires then you no longer have a license. If you no longer have a license then its illegal to keep reptiles. Its as simple as that.

so, you will need to renew your license before it expires so that you can keep a hold of your reptiles. Renew just involve paying an addition amount for another couple of years.

the short answers is: Yes, you will have to get rid of your reptiles if your license expires. But you can just keep renewing them to keep the reptiles.

I don't think many people would keep pets if they were forced to get rid of them in 2 years.

Im not 100% on this but i remember reading once that, in Victoria you can keep 1 bluey or 1 beardie before needing a licence.
Anyone from Vic know?

Maybe it was for a different state.........

bloched and common blueies are off licence and the dse are thinking about takeing beardies off licence but i doubt they will

I'm ten, which means I can have a class 1 license, class 2 licenses are for over 18

You really don't get the license yourself. It will be have to be under your parents name :)

I'm ten, which means I can have a class 1 license, class 2 licenses are for over 18

and i quoat from the application form

" persons under 18 years of age
private wild life licences will not be issued to persons under 10 years of age. applicants aged between 10 and 18 years of age must provide written and signed consent from there parent or gaurdian. applicants for a private advanced licence who are under 18 years of age and wish to keep venomous snakes must provide written competancy of handling the species they wish to keep otherwise the licence will not permit venomous snakes."

do your reaserch kid

Persons Under 18 Years of Age
Private Wildlife Licences will not be issued to persons
under 10 years of age. Applicants aged between 10 and
18 years of age must provide written and signed consent
of their parent or legal guardian with their application.
You Are going to need your parents help and you will need a bit of money no matter what you decide to keep licanse or not. maybe stick with the marbled gecko to start with (like you said in your other post)
and start saving and researching everything you need.

Ha ha you got in first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back