Licensing QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I'm the sort of person that likes to give everyone a chance. Benefit of the doubt kind of thing, but tonight I'm having trouble.

A good friend/house mate just came home with a guy who is VERY important to her. She knows that at times, if I don't approve of a guy I can be a little short. Which apparently from a guy who looks like me/is my size, can be quite intimidating. This guy aparently means enough to her that she even texted ahead and asked me to be nice. Then.... Dun dun dun;

Whilst attempting to be nice, I enter a keeping conversation with aparently another keeper! Yay, common ground!

This quickly turns to a conversation about him having a restricted license. He is allowed to keep boa's up to 9ft, is trying to find a decently priced milk python which is to be flown over from western europe and does demonstrations at a friends stand that sells snakes at the karara markets...... Displays that he does with a very friendly black headed olive python that was wild caught. He also mentioned that his friend attempted to give him the black headed olive python for free but he turned it down because to be 7ft, it must be too old.

Unfortunately this license doesn't allow him to keep dangerous snakes like his friends cobra though, but he does admit these dangerous snakes are heaps of fun to play with.

questions are as follows;

Why can't I have this license....... / drug?
Can I have a cobra?
Can I have a free black headed olive python?
Worst case, I'm the idiot and the gold cost breeders are really pushing some limits?

What the hell do I say to my friend? Do I say anything?
Can I have a black headed olive python?
Why does my coastal seem amazingly strong and heavy compared to a 9ft boa? Should I put him on a diet and stop his steriod course?

AND

can I have a free black headed olive python? Please?

Haha what a douche bag lol you can tell your friend on my behalf.

With this said 'common' ground you should be a) going round to his place, b) taking photos of his collection (while he is holding them) and then c) if he ever hurts your flat mate in any way what so ever.... You've now got him a huge fine ;)

Unfortunately it does also mean the end of said 'snakes'...

But they're exotics and in reality, that's exactly what the deserve... dun dun dunnnnnnn.....

Or unfortunately I'm not to sure whether or not my plan would work.... Because for one, the snakes would have to be real and in his possession. And he didn't specifically say he had a boa or a milk python.

But the black headed olive should be real. I mean, wild caught. Not bred in captivity. He really should have tried to get the other BHOP from his mate to see if he could breed them.

I still have so many questions.... So so many questions!

Last edited:
First thing I'd be doing is buying a whole swag of padlocks for my reptile enclosures esp. if this douchebag is going to be coming into the house.
I got a whole lot of red flags flying about this guy just reading that and I'd trust him around my collection as far as I could throw him.

im with akwendi i would be locking everything you can usualy go on gut feeling about people (not allways right ) sometimes you jut have to untill proved wrong besides if the size of you doesnt make him think nothing will

lock up your babies!..go grab a slab of beer head to his place get him smashed take heaps of pics sit back wait and if anything seems to go further amiss a few emails, phone calls and or a visit to your local derm office may be in order and just tell your house mate you love her think shes tops but her choice in men is crap

Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If he does have a BHOP I think I might have to confiscate it.

She sometimes has sort of ok taste in men. I just don't seem to have the time for the idiots, which annoyingly, is most of them.

But hey, the good news is my coastal apparently beats a 9ft boa pound for pound. What a champ :)

Dude; sounds like you have some repressed feelings for your "friend", masquerading as being caring; or maybe a little insecurity. Also sounds like old mate is full of crap.

1: if she is such a poor judge of character that she is unable to spot an idiot when she sees one, then they will make the perfect couple.

2: Liars get caught out eventually.

3: What do you care ? Unless he is packing a weapon, intends hurting her or shows signs of aggression towards you or her; why don't you sit back, crack a beer open, make some popcorn and enjoy the show... My motto is smile, chill, relax, laugh and save your battles for when it's WAR. In which case the kill or be killed ethos applies.

4: If she likes him and is happy, then read point 3 again.

Finally the truth comes out ..... yes I do have a Black Headed Olive Python cross Redbelly Taipan (Tasmanaian Form) please don't tell anyone :rolleyes:

Dibs on the hatchies.

How is the thread title "licensing Qld" ?

Should be " I'm in love with my friend but rather than confrontmy feelings I just rip on her taste in men.." \m/

Dibs on the hatchies.

How is the thread title "licensing Qld" ?

Should be " I'm in love with my friend but rather than confrontmy feelings I just rip on her taste in men.." \m/

How ever did you become so cynical?

• ;)

• :lol:

How ever did you become so cynical? Also you are very handsome..

I just like to keep it real dawg.

If I was to take a guess, I would say:

- In his twenties
- Single
- High school Education
- Toowoomba most of his life

I also have a talent for looking at anyone's bedroom and picking a personality and psyche with 100% accuracy.

Cynical ? Nope....

REALIST.

I'm also down for some hatchies!

Would be easier if I had feelings for her, that way I would approve of the guy. Haha. Its not easy to have to play nice with an idiot. I would much rather she got someone intetesting.

Repressed feelings aside, you sit back and watch a friend get hurt over saying something?

Realistically; I've had plenty of friends who were girls, whose choice of partner I didn't agree with. But in the interests of friendship, I have said nothing.

If you say something and she finds out for herself (which of course she inevitably will, because serial liars lie about EVERYTHING out of insecurity), then she may not come to you to be the shoulder to cry on (which you want to be, right?), because she is NOT going to want to hear "I told you so"

Nope. Better to let her know you'll always be there for her as a friend, and whenever she wants to talk about anything, you are right there for her.

...then of course when she comes crying on your doorstep, refrain from saying "I knew it all along...", because if she does something silly like go back to him (which some people do several times before leaving for good), then you have created an untenable relationship now that she knows what you really think of the guy...

better off letting things ride out until she has well and truly washed up on shore and is NOT thinking about paddling back out again. As much as we like to protect our kids/family/friends; you don't learn lessons by being protected or handled in cotton wool. Better to say too little than too much !!

JMHO man.

Siigh. People are stupid. I'm not sure you can bury the guy because he told you some BS snake story..the ambient crap factor seems to rise whenever a normal meets a herper. I can't tell you how many times some a##clown has told me some laughable story bout their 'mates' snake.
On the other hand, if he does turn out to be a moron, you should tell your friend. That's what friends are for. I met my sisters boyfriend on the weekend, and my response to 'this is chase, my boyfriend' was 'Aaahahaaa..no way. Really? Bwaaahahahah!". Sometimes it's fun to be cruel to be kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back