List of 2011 Expo's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys,

I was just wondering anybody can provide me with information on what expo's and reptile related events are happening in 2011. They are not something I have previously attended prior to purchasing Herp Books, so my finger has definitely being off the pulse with regards to them. Maybe I will edit this post with details and the moderators can make it a sticky for future reference, too?

The ones I currently know of are the following -

• Castle Hill Reptile Show - February 13 - Sydney Showgrounds

• Victorian Reptile and Amphibian Show - February 19 - Melbourne Showgrounds

* SOFAR is on March 13 at the Newcastle Jockey Club, Broadmeadow, NSW.

Any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold Coast Expo will be over 2 days next year and close to the dates it was this year...

SOFAR Frog and Reptile Expo at Broadmeadow, Newcastle in March (can't remember exact date).

SOFAR is on March 13 at the Newcastle Jockey Club, Broadmeadow, NSW.

Are moderators able to give me permission to edit my original thread to add this please?

hasn't the castle hill expo been moved to the same day as the easter show???

The "Australian Frog and Reptile Show" at the 2011 Royal Easter Show is a trial for 2011 ONLY, and will be a an opportunity for keepers to show off their animals in a "Best Frog and or Reptile in Show" competition. The prestige, particularly to breeders for a win at the R.E.S., will be exceptional, as will be the exposure of our hobby.

The "Wild Australia Expo" will return bigger and better in 2012 at the Sydney Showgrounds, NOT at the Royal Easter Show.
Cheers,
Stimmo

The prestige, particularly to breeders for a win at the R.E.S., will be exceptional, as will be the exposure of our hobby

the prestige of winning at the Easter show would be no different to winning at the previous shows, the competition will be the same... actually i think there would be less comp.

The "Wild Australia Expo" will return bigger and better in 2012 at the Sydney Showgrounds, NOT at the Royal Easter Show.
Cheers,
Stimmo[/QUOTE]

that is GREAT news, im looking forward to 2012 already!!!

the prestige of winning at the Easter show would be no different to winning at the previous shows, the competition will be the same... actually i think there would be less comp.
QUOTE]

Sorry but I disagree. The R.E.S has a long history. Sure the competitors will still be recruited from the same keeper network, and it's yet to be seen if this move encourages or discourages entries. Personally I'd hold a R.E.S blue ribbon in higher regard than an 'Expo' one and I'm planning to enter.

The Castle Hill gig looks interesting. Well done

the Gold Coast reptile expo will be on saturday the 30th and sunday the 31st of july

As a thought, can all the shows be listed in the WIKI as a category under "directories"? This will allow easy adding, viewing and editting of informationas updates occur>

the Gold Coast Expo will be at Parklands showgrounds again i believe in Southport. And the Gladstone Expo probably around March...ask Slimebo for more details

QUOTE]

Sorry but I disagree. The R.E.S has a long history. Sure the competitors will still be recruited from the same keeper network, and it's yet to be seen if this move encourages or discourages entries. Personally I'd hold a R.E.S blue ribbon in higher regard than an 'Expo' one and I'm planning to enter.

I suppose it is all relevant, I do agree with you Bob. But to win "Best Monitor" or "Best Jungle" against 3 or 4, maybe 5 other animals is not really a great acheivement IMO. And the number of animals entered is directly related to the cost of entering them in for a ribbon. I would also like to enter some animals into the show, but that will be based entirely on the cost. To make a Ribbon worth being proud of you really need to have your animals compared to 30 or 40 others at a minimum, not a handful. IMO anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back