Litoria brevipalmata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you show a pic of the frog I can tell you if its a brevi or not.....

Cheers,
Scott

Hello Rhys,

If you would like to PM me with some details i will see if i can spark some further interest in this for you.

regards

DEC

I'm heading out on Sunday, I'll get some pics, and we will see if I'm right before I waste any ones time, as I have said I am no expert, so I could be wrong.

I'm came across this frog recently (I'm in Queensland) which I presumed was L. brevipalmata. Reading this thread has prompted me to post a couple of pictures to see what people think. Unfortunately it wasn't hanging around so I only got 2 photos and they may not show enough of the animal's distingiushing features for accurate identification. There are plenty of L. wilcoxii and L. laptopalmata in the area and I'm fairly confident its neither of these but happy to be corrected. Tim

Attachments

• Frogs Jan 10 027.jpg
    Frogs Jan 10 027.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Frogs Jan 10 028.jpg
    Frogs Jan 10 028.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi Tim,

Your frogs look like Litoria wilcoxi. L. latopalmata has a distinct white wedge which interrupts the dark headstripe between the eye and the nose. Both these species could be confused with L. brevipalmata however L. brevipalmata is smaller with a rounded snout and has a conspicuous white stripe on the upper lip.

Aaron

hi rhys i have a few good friends at newcastle uni that are in the frog centre ( studying green and gold bell frog and assa darlintoni) if you drop me some pics i'll send them over to them and see what they think.
cheers Dayle

Those frogs are wilcoxi
Here is a Brevi
Litoriabrevipalmatacopy.jpg

Cheers,
Scott

A handsome Sunshine Coaster.

Attachments

• Green Thighed frog A.jpg
    Green Thighed frog A.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Green Thighed frog H.jpg
    Green Thighed frog H.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 55
The ARC asked for photos of the frogs and never heard back. Has anyone seen photos to ID the frogs?

i hve been busy, and havent got out yet. A shame with all this rain.

I do have reason to believe they are just wilcoxii though. Just showing very vibrant greens.

Young wilcoxi and leseueri are often mistaken for brevipalmata.

The habitat looks like leasueri/wilcoxi habitat as well.

Have you located photos of the animals yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back