live feeding opinons on weither it makes our friends more aggressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry saintanger but I stand by my above post. I had a hatchie that wouldnt feed for over four months and one day it started and never looked back. Solar17 agrees with me (see earlier post) & between us we have over 40 years plus experience. Im sure jamie stuart would agree so add another 30-40 years experience. But who are we to disagree? Cheers

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2

i have a few year experience too and if you add my partner and father thats more than 50 years. i have tried to convert him and still try but its getting no were with this snake.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and wen it comes to live food its always a can of worms.

Sorry but to say a snake wont eat fresh killed is nonsense and a lack of husbandry skills. Dont feed them for a few weeks and they will smash a fresh killed rodent no problem.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2
If that was directed my way I never said I tried fresh kill so don't go straight to knocking my husbandry skills also I did say that I was new to herping so therefore will still have a lack of husbandry skills howabout next time someone is new and openly admits that u should offer some mentorship seem as u gloat about ur 20+ years experience and btw even if u have 40yrs experience combined with solar7 that don't mean there ain't topics u would disagree about I bet. Or methods u prefer that differ doesn't mean its wrong just differant.

personally i don't see much difference to that and giving feeder fish. Ive started breeding some of my own feed for my pythons but there is no way i would give live food. there is no real way to be 100% humane about it when you are feeding one animal to another but at least freshly killed is quick and painless, then there is also the danger to the snake to consider.

post 15: you scent with skunk ? live skunk or roadkill ?

live feeding as a last resort, to save the snake's life. afterwards try to get it onto thawed, continuing live feeding is just laziness on the keepers part.

If that was directed my way I never said I tried fresh kill so don't go straight to knocking my husbandry skills also I did say that I was new to herping so therefore will still have a lack of husbandry skills howabout next time someone is new and openly admits that u should offer some mentorship seem as u gloat about ur 20+ years experience and btw even if u have 40yrs experience combined with solar7 that don't mean there ain't topics u would disagree about I bet. Or methods u prefer that differ doesn't mean its wrong just differant.

It wasn't directed at you for a start and I wasn't knocking you husbandry skills because to be honest you don't have any. I'm not gloating as you imply just trying to help people that aren't experienced what acceptable husbandry techniques are so pardon me for trying to assist the members on this forum that can't feed a snake properly. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back