lizard id please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happyherps

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all this is a what i thought was a bearded dragon when i first SANY0266.jpgcaught it and got him off the road back into the bush but after seing ppls pics of there beardies on here now i am not so sure pic was taken bout a year agoSANY0267.jpg sorry bout pics didnt know i was gonna put them anywhere lol

Eastern Bearded Dragon mate, a lot of people tend to keep the central beardeds in captivity which are generally brighter coloured and smaller, I personally love the feist and size of the easterns :)

yep beardy,
good on ya for getting him off the road :)

I almost positive that it is a Coastal Bearded Dragon, in fact I'm so sure I'm willing to bet monopoly money :)

EDIT: damn you guys beat me to it

Last edited:
yeah he was gorgeous and so placid he barley moved when i went to pick him up and he got sat on a burnt out stump in the paddock behind me(in the pic) cos it was warm and a place to hide so i figured he wouldnt go back on the road.
the missus hates me for it every animal i see on the road i pull over and get it off the road and back into the bush if they head strate back on the road they get put in the boot and relocated away from the road on the way home ill find a dirt track somewhere and pull off onto it not far from where it was found and ill go for a quick walk with it and let it go anything thats been hit goes to the vet lol i cant help it i cant see an animal in pain or in danger without trying help p.s thanks for the replies glad to know my reptile instincts were right lol

Mate first off don' t take this the wrong way but you are probably doing more harm than good. While roads claim the lives of thousands of specimens of wildlife each day, most wildlife learns to stay away from them. As many reptiles are territorial moving an animal even a kilometre away from it's original location is possibly a death sentance. You Are better off leaving them be.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back