lizards outdoors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilegirl

Reaction score
g'day all
just wondering at what age or rather what size these reptiles would have to be before considering housing them outside??
eastern water dragon
eastern blue tongue
eastern bearded dragons
and
saw shelled turtles

thank you very much

Cheers
Megz

p.s they would be housed in an enclosure and not a pit

hi repgirl,

Any size or age as long as they are safe from :evil: predators :evil:

Cheers

For lizards once they are sub-adults it's fine to shove them outside, in fact you can keep em outside much earlier but it is reccomended to take them in during winter when they are small. I'd put the turtles out once they are 10cm carapace, but like I said, you can keep reptiles outside from the start if all their needs are met. Make sure enclosures are preditor proof and make sure that the blueis are the same size or a bit smaller than the dragons, they can be nasty at times.

cheers guys..
i'll remember that about the bluies... the enclosure would be completly predator proof... i'd make sure of that!

another question i have is how do you go about putting different species in the same enclosure... like who do i put in first or do i just put them all in at the same time?
chees
Megz

If where you are keeping them is predator proof, like has been said put them outside at any age.

as said they can go outside at any age, imo i would keep them inside until after their first winter and then put them out for the summer and leave them out there. i may be housing some eastern beardies outside at the end of the yr, but they will be adults.

i put my eastern bearded dragosn out at the age of 1 and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back