lizzard advice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
One of my eastern water dragons isn't so good i don't think. I always find him sleeping in a cold damp spot of the tank and and when i pick him up he is freezing, i checked the temp and its fine, he has a hide spot but he hardly goes in there.
At night they both sort of scoot back and forth across the tank, i thouhgt it might be stress so i covered all the sides bar one.
the other one is really perky and active

please help me i'm worried

does he/she eat...?
does he she bask?
does he/she has a normal dragon posture (fron legs straight and sitting upright)
what's the age
has the dragon had this behaviour since you got it or is it only since a little while.

i think it eats the food is always gone
it dosn't bask much at all
not a normal posture, it lies on its belly with arms and legs out flat and limp
they are 2-3months old
only a little while, but has always been a bit more placid thn the other one

I would suggest you separate the less active dragon from the other one and closely monitor food intake make sure the isolation cage is not too big I would say about two foot long max.
Have a basking spot available and have a shallow water dish in the cage. As a substrate use newspaper. If you can, try and give the dragon some real sunlight for lets say half an hour a day(you will have to be outside to make sure you get the full sun). Leave the dragon alone and put the cage in a room where there are no people. If no improvement or feeding occurs I would suggest that you consult a veternarian. Waterdragons do go in a state of hibernation but by the sounds of it there is another factor involved with the health of your dragon.
good luck and keep us posted.

thankyou so much i'll try it

i have the day off tomorrow so i can do it all then

I have seperated them and they ar doing better, i think the other one was picking on the smaller one, i have noticed that when the perky one basks it also lies on its belly with legs out streched.
Is this normal?

Do they have access to water large enough to immerse themselves in fully. They are water dragons and they like to fully immerse themselves. Mine mope if they dont have enough water.
and
Are they both male. They running around at night sounds odd.
and yes that is normal basking posture.
Everything else as per Insectovor

well they are still too young to sex but they both have a small tinge of red on their bellies but people keep telling me they are tooo young to sex yet

i have a bowl big enough to immerse themselfs in and change it daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back