Lizzard ID Please, It was rescued tonight from a dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdriftnby

Reaction score
Ok I got a phone call during dinner as it will always happen, anyway the lady said her dog bought in a lizzard and it dropped its tail and ran under the bed, first thought over the phone was blue tongue until I heard its tail fell off, anyway I went over tore the room apart and this lizzard in the photos ran out eventually.
I believe it to be a cunninghams Skink but it was found in Melton Victoria and I didnt think we got them around here.
DSCF2563.jpg

DSCF2564.jpg

DSCF2565.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts, I have got to drop it off at the local shelter in the morning.

poor thing
will its tail grow back ?

Poor little darling it looks so scared
Elizabeth

I have no idea about its tail, there was no other marks on it which as good, he had eaten a few roaches and is supprisingly tame, I always thought of cunninghams to be timid

I had that thought which is why I am trying to find out where they are found, 1 book I have shows their range gettingclose to the north but still a fair way away from here

Yep they are definitely found in the melbourne area and judging by its tail and colour, I would say someone caught it from the wild in the melbourne area with the tail being broken off while dislocating it from its home. The tail will grow back to some degree, most of the ones Ive seen with regen tails dont have spikey tails.

I have not had much experience with Cunninghams and this little one is great, Now I know they are found around here I will take it back to just beyond the area it was attacked and release it where its not likely to be eaten by another dog

they generaly live in large family groupes so there bound to be quite afew more from were that one came from.

excuse my ignorance, but are these the same a gidgie skinks. because they look the same

Defiantly found around Melb metro area. I know of a large Cunningham colony in the Altona Nth area. Sometimes hard to view as they seem to use each other as lookouts, one into a crevice all in. Healthy population of Tigers in the same area which always makes a trip there interesting.

i caught a nice one the other day
but in sydney ,they are much prettier up here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back