Lost reptiles found

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

varanid_mike

Reaction score
Victorian lost reptiles home, Animals found

Currently the Victorian lost reptiles home has found reptiles in the following suburbs and is looking to find the original owners.

Oakleigh
Narre warren
Clayton
Doncaster

If you live in these suburbs and have lost a reptile recently please contact:

Michael alexander
03 59619183
or
[email protected]

This thread is here to find the owners of lost reptiles, not so that people can question the integrity and good will of the lost reptiles home. Please feel free to keep un-supportive comments to your self.

Lost reptiles found
Currently the Victorian lost reptiles home has found reptiles in the following suburbs and is looking to find the original owners.

Oakleigh
Narre warren
Clayton

Found the owner of the doncaster animal. :)

Michael alexander
03 59619183
or
[email protected]

This thread is here to find the owners of lost reptiles, not so that people can question the integrity and good will of the lost reptiles home. Please feel free to keep un-supportive comments to your self.

im not sure but to me it looks although ihaveherps wrote something he regreted, so he edited it as ...., then it looks like bugsy is wondering why ihaveherps put '.....'. so he says 'Huh?' as in what was the dots for? lol.

Lost reptiles found

November: Oakleigh
December: Narre warren
December: Clayton
NEW 13/12/09 Frankston

Michael alexander
03 59619183
or
[email protected]

Lost reptiles found

November: Oakleigh
December: Narre warren
December: Clayton
December: Frankston

Michael alexander
03 59619183
or
[email protected]

how do u kno that these reptiles actually belong to people? they could still just be wild animals, u can never be sure....

Unless pythons and bearded dragons e.c.t have moved hundreds of k's in range without anyone knowing then i am pretty sure they are lost reptiles. I know what im doing, wild animals stay wild.

Unless pythons and bearded dragons e.c.t have moved hundreds of k's in range without anyone knowing then i am pretty sure they are lost reptiles. I know what im doing, wild animals stay wild.

It's good to see someone actually trying to help the problem. Don't listen to the naysayers on this forum they just have nothing better to do.
They complain about hybrids but also about you removing species which are out of range. There will always be a few armchair experts telling you what your doing is wrong,just ignore them and keep on doing what your doing

if your talking about us Ninjas were not being 'naysayers' or 'armchair experts' were only being curious as to wht this guy does or runs. IMO and im sorry varanid if i offend u, but i dont think that the anwser to my question makes me beleive wht your doing seems to be so fantastic, and im sure that if u convince me enough i'll be gladly to beleive you. But so far im not convinced.

His not here to convince you:rolleyes: And he didn't ask for opinions in this thread but rather was trying to find homes of lost reptiles

well if he doesn't convince people of wht he is doing is logical and correct then i beleive that nobody is going to beleive that this actually works. Its all apart of selling and having a business, if u cant convince your customers that your product is better than another alternative i doubt you would be in business. Im not asking for a sheet of infomation, im just asking if he can give me some proof of how his reptile finding home thing is logically going to work.

alright, to make myself more specific here are my questions for mr. varanid.
1. how do you know that the species that you find thats not local hasn't hitched a ride from another state on a truck or a freighting company?
2. Wht if someone if reporting a animal missing in your area that is NATIVE itself to were u live? some of the animals common in your area,are animals that are commonly kept pets in the reptile trade.
3. How do you find the owners? some slimy people out there might take advantage of you and say that these animals are theres just to get a free animal which they would have to pay maybe hunderds of dollars to purchase one in a pet store.

Im not being nosey, and what your doing is a brilliant thing, and it shows that you care about peoples lost animals and such. This thing of yours looks oviously time consuming and you must put your heart and soul into it, and that again is very thoughtful. I have no issues with wht your doing and im not saying that it is wrong or right but if you want people to beleive that your business is logical then you need to explain how it works before posting all this infomation that people have no idea about how you got these reptiles in the first place. All i want is a LOGICAL explanation of how it works im then im happy to not ask anymore questions.

Aussiebluetongue, do you actually have any knowledge of what are the native herp species in & around Melbourne? I'd like you to name a few which are commonly sold in the pet trade.

1. how do you know that the species that you find thats not local hasn't hitched a ride from another state on a truck or a freighting company?
We do cover displaced reptiles, our licence allows us to pick up animals that have come in fruit box's ect and then if they can not be returned to the location they came from to re-house them. These animals would otherwise die in Melbourne and are almost always donated

2. Wht if someone if reporting a animal missing in your area that is NATIVE itself to were u live? some of the animals common in your area,are animals that are commonly kept pets in the reptile trade.
Around melbourne we really only have either venomous species, turtles or blue tongues (plus a few other bits and bobs). I do not go looking for other peoples lost pets, if someone rings up with a local species native to that region i tell them that its at home and to leave it alone.

3. How do you find the owners? some slimy people out there might take advantage of you and say that these animals are theres just to get a free animal which they would have to pay maybe hunderds of dollars to purchase one in a pet store.
We advertise for owners, mail drops in the area it was found and such. we never give away the species found as the owner will know what they have lost. but then again that is obvious if you where to look at my first posts. The owner has to also prove it is theres and show me a licence and book before it is returned.

Everyone happy?
Does anyone want to know what each reptile is getting fed? Maybe how many scales they have. Or maybe we can see my posts for what they are, To only find the owners of these lost pets with no other motives.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back