Maccie Eggs???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My largest female Maccie finally dropped her eggs yesterday. She dropped 18 eggs, unfortunately 6 were infertile and the rest were good. Found it hard to get pics of her laying though, I got a couple but not great ones.

Anyway, my question is what is the biggest clutch you have heard of from a maccie. The most I had heard of was 14 but assume that there must be bigger than that. So let me know what the biggest you know of were. :)

Hey Hugsta, Congrats on the clutch, Ive think BobW posted he gets them around the 23 mark.
Was she a blonde? They tend to have high clutches like this moreso than std macs.
Cheers
Ad

i got 16 from my blonde mac on her first clutch no slugs and all hatched

Hey ad, no she isn't a blonde, just a normal coloured maccie, still a good looking one of course. :D It just seems an unusually high number for a maccie considering they average around the 12 mark.

Has anyone else had a such high clutches??

I've had 19 (18 fertile) from a childreni, 17 from a maccie and know of a few of both over 20.

Yeah im sure Shane gets clutches over 20 i think i remember 23 mark as well. But he does have about 5000 adults so kinda unfair..LOL ok so maybe not that many..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back