MacHerps Meeting Next Friday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
The June meeting of the Macarthur Herp Society is next Friday night.

When: 15th June, 7:30pm
Where: Bradbury Community Centre (behind the Bradbury Inn)
The Parkway, Bradbury (next to Campbelltown, NSW)

Topic: "Keeping Reptiles in the ACT"
Speaker: Peter Childs, owner of Canberra Exotic Pets, will talk about the Reptile Keeping Laws in the ACT, keeping reptiles in a freezing cold climate, how he built up his impressive collection, and how he built a giant turtle tank (pictured below) for his breeding pair of pignosed turtles. He took photos during construction so anyone comtemplating a LARGE tank for turtles will want to see this.

2nd Speaker: Pablo Bolomey will also be giving a short presentation on "Keeping and Breeding Central Netted Dragons"

Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting. For non-members there's a $2 entry fee to help cover the cost of hall hire.

After the meeting, those of us old enough will visit the pub next door to discuss herpetology and other interesting topics.

Some of the displays at Canberra Exotic Pets
PIgnose Turtle tank, with a Freshwater Croc and some Longnecks
main.php

Green Tree Snake
main.php

Boyds Dragon Enclosure
main.php

:p

Hix

Last edited by a moderator:
plz excuse my ignorance but how do u join i take it by showing up an paying a fee as well as filling out some paperwork

That's about it.

They're a pretty friendly mob down there too. (Even Hix)

Me? Friendly?

Nah - I'm a shy little introvert that likes to keep to himself.

Hix

i need to join herpers are hard to come by out my way except good old junglemad around the corner

How so, Pete?

Are you moving to the ACT, or planning to get Central Netteds?

Hix

re Macherps

Hix,i think PJ has political ambitions and is planning to be along side our fearless leader in canbra,no doubt Peter will be minister for trade and import himself a colony of emerald monitors:)

Ha ha ha zulu, couldn't have said it better myself. I'll be there with poor serpenttongue in tow!

Simone.

re Mac

OK,John Bow ile come along to see you an poor little serpytongue and the rest of the gang :)

Awesome zulu, i won't be able to catch up with you for awhile otherwise. Have to move to QLD for work, starting early July.

Hixie- i say poor serpenttongue because the poor bugger got stalked, harassed and pm'ed for so long by me i am sure he felt obliged to just give in. You can't make someone love you but you can stalk them into submission ;)

Simone.

re Mac

Why is he poor - did you spend all of his money too?

HIx
LOL Hix,there expensive these pretty girls hey,she will rob him of all his diamonds and leave him sheltering under a bridge at wollongong with just a pair of thongs to keep his feet warm.

Awesome zulu, i won't be able to catch up with you for awhile otherwise. Have to move to QLD for work, starting early July.

Hixie- i say poor serpenttongue because the poor bugger got stalked, harassed and pm'ed for so long by me i am sure he felt obliged to just give in. You can't make someone love you but you can stalk them into submission ;)

Simone.
LMAO,ile see you guys there:)

LOL Hix,there expensive these pretty girls hey,she will rob him of all his diamonds and leave him sheltering under a bridge at wollongong with just a pair of thongs to keep his feet warm.

God no i don't want him damaged. He'd be a broken man without his Diamonds. I have my own anyway, lol............ I'm more sensitive than that that anyway- i'd leave him with his diamonds to cuddle up to.

Simone.

On the topic of ACT laws

can anyone buy long neck turtles in the ACT without a permit

and also does anyone know if there are any size restrictions in the ACT on turtles

eg in melb turtles have to be ten cm accross the shell

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back