Magnet Tree/Oyster mushrooms for frogs/geckoes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if you need any tips with the polystyrene :) (assuming you mean the polystyrene foam!)

Well, the one thing I need right now is EXTRUDED poly, rather than the expanded. These little bubbles of foam are going to drive me nuts! The only issue is that I can get tonnes of expanded for cheap but so far for extruded it looks like I need to go to an insulation place on the north side of Brisbane, which is a pain. I just want something I can sand and carve easily. =/

I know a wire cutter can help but I tend to work a lot in fiddly details. It's either that or I'll give up and carve the whole sculpt from clay....gonna need a lot of clay...

If you could work out a way to keep costs down you could really give Magnaturals a run for their money

Ahhh, costs. There lies the problem! As far as I know magnaturals are made from coloured expanded polystyrene, nothing too super resilient? I haven't honestly played with them before.

Cause I'm using resin, polyurethane foam and rare earth magnets it's a decent cost to make them. Haven't worked it out but it's just for fun right now anyways. =) I buy all the resin and stuff for my own projects, anything I make to sell after that is extra!

Though now you got me wondering what my costs are! I should work that out at some point.

I know a wire cutter can help but I tend to work a lot in fiddly details. It's either that or I'll give up and carve the whole sculpt from clay....gonna need a lot of clay...

how about a fine tip low watt soldering iron, that will give you some relief from the fly away foam, check online there are quite a few places that sell the small craft Hotwires that run off a single battery, you can bend the wire to suit what you need

They are truly "AWSOME" you are truly talented!!! as newtolovingsnakes said if you make bigger suitable for snakes..PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!...Really great......;).......

Thanks guys. Will definitely be making a few of the smaller ones to sell.

For the people who liked the mushrooms and wanted something bigger for snakes, do you like the idea of exactly the same design, just blown up a bit? I'm just wondering if giant mushrooms would look silly or not!

Playing around with some rock ledge designs now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back