Male Knob tailed gecko not eating (caused by breeding season?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maven8ter

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone who has had smooth knob tailed geckos in the past could validate if the males sometimes wont eat during breeding season? (I saw some geckos dont) I purchased my male in a pair with a female (whos eating fine)

I'm not an expert on gecko's but we have a few male knob tails and all are still eating.
Might be a good idea to check temps, as these are directly related to being able to process food- low 20s on the cool side and up to 32 on the basking spot, make sure they have a damp hide also.
I know the females will stop eating when getting ready to lay some eggs

I'm not an expert on gecko's but we have a few male knob tails and all are still eating.
Might be a good idea to check temps, as these are directly related to being able to process food- low 20s on the cool side and up to 32 on the basking spot, make sure they have a damp hide also.
ok thankyou will check temps and if that doesnt work might try seperating them

Welp he finally ate tonight, only one tiny cricket but its better than nothing. Must of just been the temps then, i did discover i need to put the probe on top of the sand so it reaches 32 where they can easily get to it. Thanks heapsšŸ˜

Latest posts

Back