Marbled Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogSongFarm

Reaction score
Hi, on Sunday I purchased two Marbled Geckos, Piggy and George. Piggy&George.jpg They are wee little babes, but seem to be growing quickly. We were told briefly how to care for them, but I'd be really grateful for some general tips to help me look after them properly. We were told to feed them 'every couple of days' and 'mist them too'. I have pinhead/hatchling crickets, vitamin and calcium powder and have a spray bottle. How much and how often should they be fed and misted at this age? Also, one arched his back and tail at the other last night - is this just a normal tussle for the leadership? :p We're using Kritter crumbles, how often would this need to be changed, and would they prefer some sand type substrate?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I use sand for my hatchies and feed 5 out of 7 days a week.
Kritter crumble might be a bit coarse for them whilst young.
Be sure to provide them with plenty of places to hide from each other.

Hey frogsongfarm
I have marbled geckos so hopefully I can help you out, reptile bark or kritters crumble is a great substrate it looks natural and the geckos like to hide in it. (I've had these geckos on kritters cumble and reptile bark without any problems.) baby's should be feed 4-5 times a week with 4-5 baby crickets and calcium and vitamin dusted every second or third feed . mist the tank with a spray bottle everyday and always have a bowl of fresh clean water available. Don't use sand as it can lead to impaction. Make sure they have heaps of hide places and branches to climb. And a secure lid as they are escape artists. Don't really need to change to substrate just spot clean and take the poo out.

Hope this helps and good luck on your beautiful marbled geckos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back