MD heat stress help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradg201

Reaction score
i need help, (I'm sorry if this is the wrong section) :cry:

my (yearling) murray darling python was outside on the grass in the sun, me being over confident thinking because she's warm blooded she liked moving around, watching her crawl across the grass, all of a sudden she cramped up in kinks and open her mouth and laid perfectly still, (this would have been 2-3minuites maximum until i realised she had stopped moving)
i rushed her inside and cooled her down with a wet towel dripping water on her body and she closed her mouth and unkinked and now looks okay, giving me a few tongue flicks and moving around, i have turned off all her heat sources and she has resumed back to her normal spot in the terrarium so i can keep an eye on her breathing (slightly more than usual….. i think). but what do i do now? will she be okay? i now realise it was too hot for her outside.

Where are you? Temperatures need to MODERATE whenever you take a snake outside. It is possible that a snake in the situation you placed it in could suffer brain damage after a very short time in the hot sun.

Jamie

in adelaide, i didnt even think about the heat like i said i was being very careless and now i feel terrible. i have only really had experience with hotter desert lizards.
when you say brain damage do you mean like the snake will cease function? or slowed reflexes or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back