Meet my pretty new fishy :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin_Jane

Reaction score
After listening to me say how ugly his eel/catfish things are for so long, Ben bought a pretty fishy for me :D

The two of us tried for ages to get a good pic but this was the best we could do! He has really pretty blue shinyness on his sides and spots on his tail that shimmer in the sun. :D He's quickly learning to dodge the turtles and ugly catfish things so I've named him Dodge :D

Ben has just informed me that Dodge is getting his own back at the turtles by trying to bite them too! haha... Silly fishy, Turtles are so much bigger than him!!

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

That looks like a blue ram - one of the more peaceful & smaller of the cichlid family. Very lovely fishies they are :D

makes me miss my fish keeping days, but i gave them all to my step-dad in favor of a beardy...

no regrets!!

Leigh

Yeh it is a blue ram :) He's such a gorgeous fishy!!! Pity it lives at Ben's house so I don't get to see it all the time :(

It works well in my favour though, all the goodness of having fish without actually having to worry about looking after the tank and stuff! hehe...

lol, looks like good turtle tucker,, looks like a nice tank,, any pics of hole set up?

lol, looks like good turtle tucker,, looks like a nice tank,, any pics of hole set up?

Apparently the turtles think so too!!

Again I don't think I have any pics of the whole set up... Ben might have some though... If not I'll tell him to post some

That is great, looks like a great little environment too

Nice fishy, shame they are so fragile dont get on to well with aussies, mine didnt last too long(yes turtle tucker didnt want him to die slow from being pecked) :(

I would keep an eye on those fins too, may need treatment if you dont get the water right.

Nice fishy, shame they are so fragile dont get on to well with aussies, mine didnt last too long(yes turtle tucker didnt want him to die slow from being pecked) :(

I would keep an eye on those fins too, may need treatment if you dont get the water right.

Hopefully Dodge sticks to his name and keeps out of the way of the turtles!!

What happens to the fins?

Beautiful fishy! :D Love the shiny blue dots on his side... he ought to be called Disco Dodge LOL

What happens to the fins?

The caudal fin(tail thingy) has minor damage, its not a problem at the moment but just make sure it doesnt lose any more. The damage is most likely from poor water quality or other fish pecking at it while at the fish shop where it came from. Keeping the water clean and at the right temperature should fix it. If it starts to get worse check with someone who knows about cichlids on how to fix it.

I tried to get the female but he only had 1 left and it was paired up so he would'nt sell it to me:(

Thats still ok Ben, if you get the other male they will try and doninate each other and thats when you see the best colours

Nice looking long fin blue ram. If your after some more Neptune Aquarium @ Blacktown have some for $14.50ea. Look the same as yours and there should be a female or two in the tank.

Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back