Meet my pretty new fishy :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a couple of pics of Dodge's home he shares with 2 turtles, 2 eel tailed catfish, a bristle nose and lots of white clouds:)

dodgville2.jpg

dodgeville.jpg

Poor Dodgey Dodge seems to have forgotten how to dodge and has sadly become turtle tucker :(

So much for the turtles eatting the feeder fish... Had to go for the pretty fishy :(

RIP Disco Dodge :(

Rest in pieces Dodge. I use comets as feeders for my turtle sometimes, they eventually get tired of the constant chasing and become turtle treats. Sorry to hear about such a good looking fish Erin.

wow, awesome set up ;), lol turtles wont catch feeder fish in a big tank, iv had 10 feeders in my 6fter, for about a year lol

He was in pieces when Ben found him :(

Yeh, the turtles are pretty stupid... They don't pay any attention to the feeders at all. A friend of mine reckons they only went after Dodge coz he was an attractive looking meal!

lol, its coz his bigger, n slower ;), how big are ya turtles?
hmm im really jelious of ur tank lol,, how big is it??
do the turtles rip up the pants??

Last edited:
Short necks generally wont catch healthy fish unless they get trapped or cornered somehow, they soon work out they cant catch them and dont bother chasing. Live feeding is actually illegal, but if you want to you can keep the feeders in a darkened container before putting them in the tank, then when exposed to the light they wont see whats coming. Killing the fish first makes them even easier for the turtles to catch.

lol, its coz his bigger, n slower ;), how big are ya turtles?
hmm im really jelious of ur tank lol,, how big is it??
do the turtles rip up the pants??

Hehe... No Crush, we tend not to put PANTS in there!! :lol: But no, They don't seem to. I think the tank's about 5 ft or something... Not really positive though, it's Ben's baby, not mine. He bought Dodge for me to live in his tank coz I kept telling him his fish were ugly... Turns out it pays not to be pretty!!! :lol:

The turtles are still only young. I think he's had them about 4 months maybe? They're about the size of my palm (bout 10-12 cm maybe???) I don't know though, I'm a girl, I'm terrible with spatial awareness! haha... :lol:

Short necks generally wont catch healthy fish unless they get trapped or cornered somehow, they soon work out they cant catch them and dont bother chasing. Live feeding is actually illegal, but if you want to you can keep the feeders in a darkened container before putting them in the tank, then when exposed to the light they wont see whats coming. Killing the fish first makes them even easier for the turtles to catch.

The feeder fish aren't so much feeders as small fish that live in there too. Not that it matters at all seeing as the turtles don't care one way or another.

Hey Crush the tank is just a 4 footer I'm upgrading to a 6 foot at the end of summer as the turtles go in their boat in summer when i'm home to keep an eye on the Kookaburras and other birds that hang out:D

Attachments

• pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 35
  • pond 2.jpg
    pond 2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 29
I dont think Dogde is doing it Coz they are Itz coz them Fishes are Sly ....

That looks like a blue ram - one of the more peaceful & smaller of the cichlid family. Very lovely fishies they are :D
Get a breeding pair and they wont be so peaceful !! lol :D

So youre allowed to keep/buy modified fish....but not herps ? strange!:?
</IMG></IMG></IMG> <---- Why do i keep getting this crap when i post a reply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back