Meet Tomy =)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmjay23

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I'd finally post some pictures of my little Childreni, Tomy (named by my niece and nephew but we're not sure of the sex yet). I think he's settled in well given that I'm such a noob :lol:. When I first got him he would hide out all day and night, but now I'm surprised at just how active he is! When I put my hand in he slowly comes out and climbs up. I'm so proud :D
Still having feeding problems, he escaped not long after he hatched and when he was found he was quite bigger than the other hatchies so the breeder thinks he ate geckos. Hasn't eaten for over two weeks now and I can't find any geckos in my new house.. We're going over to a friends place to catch some tomorrow and I've brought some smaller pinkies to try. So far I've managed to feed him once but it was scented - he ate it on my hand it was sooo cute!

Sorry, I'm rambling on when there's pictures to upload... (apologies for the quality)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 42
  • Tomy 04-01-09.jpg
    Tomy 04-01-09.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Tomy 07-01-09.jpg
    Tomy 07-01-09.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Tomy  07-01-09.jpg
    Tomy 07-01-09.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Awww really cute ..i got my stimson a few weeks back he hid day and night im also surprised to how active he is now .. all night hes up trying to escape haha. Goodluck getting him to feed:)

Cute :) Good luck with the feeding! I got my first python, a jungle, finally last week after waiting since boxing day when I had actually bought him.

thanks everyone :D
yeah the wait was a killer, I'm sure my family was sick of hearing about him pretty quick but I didn't care, I was sooo excited. It's right what they say about reptile keeping being addictive.. I already want another one.. and a blue tounge.. and some of those cool geckos.. and.. and.. *sigh* I'm going to need money to feed this addiction!

Do you have any photos of your little one LauraM and Andre?

What a cutie!:D
Mines a little pig and she is very active at night.
Sometimes I can hear her climbing around and the I hear a thud as she falls off again lol

Attachments

• Diva2.jpg
    Diva2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
Congrats on yur first snake, childreni are at the top of my list, great little pythons. I assume you are catching geckos for scenting the pinkies. If not can I recommend not feeding it geckos, you really don't want to get it in the habbit of only feeding on geckos. It will be a problem when it is bigger and wants more food, plus you will spend your life catching them and being abused by everyone on the forums.

Try keep handling to a minimum until it is feeding well. Good luck with it all.

Thanks Ozzie Python, yes I am catching to scent. I'm told geckos have too many bug/worms and not enough nutrients so I wasn't going to feed them to him.

FROGGIESrCUTE - your little guy makes mine look anarexic lol he looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back