mercury vapor to big for 3ft tank?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
i want to get a mercury vapor bulb for my 3ft tawny dragon tank, will it be ok or 2 big?

Depends on what the tank is made out of.

I am using a 100W MVB in an all glass tank for my central netteds, and they are thriving.

i ordered a 100wat last nite, will i need any other heating or lighting?

also, its an all glass tank with good ventilation

100W should be OK just make sure that you check it with a good thermometer once it's up and running. The hardest thing that i find when heating all glass enclosures (especially at this time of year) is getting it to heat UP enough.

I am using a 100W MVB in a 3 ft fish tank with hood for my henrylawsoni. This setup works well for this time of year but would cook the tank come summer unless the top was comletely ventilated.

Re: RE: mercury vapor to big for 3ft tank?

Pyror said:
bluey2 said:
in a 200 Gallon tank

What are the dimensions of the tank?

The Tank is 6 foot long + two and a half foot high & two and a half foot wide!

RE: Re: RE: mercury vapor to big for 3ft tank?

my tank, half of the top is mesh and the other half is going to be wood with the ceramic light fitting on it

Bluey, I dont know what you are keeping but you could use a 160 watter in that if it is a glass tank and you dont live in Darwin. Hornet, Gladstone is a pretty warm place so your 100 watter should be fine for tawneys.

they are in cooling atm with the hot spot of 25, when should i take them out of cooling?

try to copy what is outside in their range mate. it would max out at 25 for a few months yet. Also copy the daylight hours. I.e. dont have the daylight globe on as long in winter. All I do for my dragons (that are inside) is use the heat light during daylight hours. In winter the cage is cooler because it is cooler outside. And I havea big fat frilly in there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back