Mexican Salamanders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not any more pics atm, in the middle ov building their new enclosure il post some more pics next week wen its finished.....yeh they are ugly as hell but i love them

Inbreeding or evolution the jury is still undecided.
Many scientific studies produced indicates they evolved to better adapt in their local surroundings. Others suggest it may be different birth defects that are responsible. Who knows for sure?

JMO but If they were meant to morph they would do so on their own. Supply them with a wet & dry area & see how you go without forcing them to morph :lol:

i used to have three morphed fellas but i kinda accidently smashed their tank :oops: and i figured they wouldnt get along with my catfish so i gave em away

JMO but If they were meant to morph they would do so on their own. Supply them with a wet & dry area & see how you go without forcing them to morph
In the thread i had about this not long ago someone said it works sometimes just by reducung water levels.

im guessing imthe only one here with them?
Olivehydra has one and a few other members have had some experience with them.

I was going to get some but they seem a bit doey and incompetant from what i have heard and read. I would rather keep a naturally able species.

can anyone explain exactly what they are to me and what this whole morph and unmorph business is about?
Its just like a moth or better yet a frog it goes from egg to tadpole to frog to egg to tadpole to frog.... axolotls can go egg to tadpole to egg to tadpole to salamander to egg to tadpole......

yeh they are a bit of work, rely entirlyonme hand feeding them and they are complete pigs with food

As already explained some can & some can't morph.
Big risk to take 50/50 chance between survival & death.
They won't morph on their own even if provided a wet & dry area. There must be a reason why they do not morph voluntarily and there must be a reason they can not feed themselves once morphed. Reducing their water leaves them with no choice but to use their lungs when water levels get too low. Is it any wonder they either morph or die?

Why play mother nature & stuff around with an animals biology?
Elapids survive without venom why don't we all take up venomoiding lol

I used to keep axolotyls, they were fairly easy to keep apart from having to hand feed them. Although they bred like rabbits. We could never get the eggs to survive. They all ended up getting some disease and died :( I havent had any since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back