mini reef aquariums

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah ive been reading the masa forum and its amazing how little equpiment you actually need as most of your decor does the work for you its great
the more i read the forum the easier it seems to be getting with all the tricks and tips

anybody got a good list of testing equipment that makes life easier they want to share??
thats the second stuff ill buy after a tank and a sump and a skimmer

yeah ive been reading the masa forum and its amazing how little equpiment you actually need as most of your decor does the work for you its great
the more i read the forum the easier it seems to be getting with all the tricks and tips

anybody got a good list of testing equipment that makes life easier they want to share??
thats the second stuff ill buy after a tank and a sump and a skimmer

When you're just starting I'd go for a basic test kit (ammonia, pH, Nitrate and Nitrite) and a refractometer.

I actually don't have a skimmer on my tank (or any mechanical filtration at all...) but most people will recommend getting one for your first tank.

take off the canister filter, after a few weeks it will start to kill everything with rising amonia and toxins., it doesnt allow oxigenation with the biological breakdown. alright in a freshwater, but its death to a marine tank.

Sorry but that is very untrue. Using a canister filter will not kill a marine tank.

There are much better ways to filter a marine tank than a canister though. If it didn't allow oxygenation with the biological breakdown it would kill a freshwater tank just as quickly as a marine one.

Look at the MASA forum. Read as much as possible and do your research. There is a reefpedia which will explain a lot of the more basic points but also in the forums there is a newbies section where a lot of the questions you have will already have been asked.

As stated a marine tank is really not that difficult to look after if you get a few basic things right.

Cheers Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back