Mithindie the blonde spotted and her nooob owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damo77

Reaction score
Hi all
I thought it was about time I at least popped up a pic if I planned on spending this much time lurking the forum, sucking information from the collective herp know how here.
We (Teg and I) bought our spotted in a very unplanned way at the scales and Tails expo in Ipswich. We had always wanted a snake but never really got around to it.
Anyway the bug (or should that be snake ) has well and truley bitten with me having secret grandiose plans of collecting a few more and definitely looking at trying to breed one day when my snake knowledge is where it should be.

Mithindie is a beautiful snake that we have been doing our best to stay away from so she can settle in. I say she but we really dont know for sure. The snake is currently housed in a glass vivarium but today i picked up a tv unit to convert. I have done a similar conversion, just lots bigger, for my tree frogs.

I am seriously thinking of replacing the frogs with a nice palmerston jungle. I love the colour on those guys. Also love wheatbelt stimmies and of course GTPs. See the bug has bitten. Anyway will have fun learning for the next few months before i seriously contemplate adding to the collection.

Anyway this is her.....him and the tv unit i plan on converting to an enclosure. (the child will be removed b4 snake goes in)

Forgot to ask. What is an appropriate time between feeding and well ...it coming out the other end. I am sure there is a correct term for it.
Snake is approx 18 months old and is a great feeder. She belted a pinkie rat as soon as she got near it.

Also anyone got any suggestions for the new enclosure that would help keep a spotted mac happy?
Cheers
Damian

Attachments

• 20112011252.jpg
    20112011252.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 12112011245ab.jpg
    12112011245ab.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.