Mobile phones....weird things to do with them....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I read this yesterday and thought some of you might find it interesting.....and I quote...

"Imagine strolling through a cemetery and hearing a mobile phone ringing! Not unusual you say except you're all alone! It's crazy I know but it seems the idea of being buried with your mobile phone for company is catching on!

One chap was so terrified of being wrongly diagnosed as dead, he had to have his phone close at hand so that he might alert those up top if he regained life!

The wife of another buried her husband with his mobile phone and inscribed his phone number on the headstone. His wife and others, took delight in calling his number to listen to his voice mail reply....."Hi, this is John. After the beep, leave a message and I'll return the call." There's no news of any returned calls.

The ringing sound coming from the burial plot gave grave-diggers and cemetery strollers a scare or two but at least his wife found her husband's voice helped her hold on to his memories a little longer and for as long as the battery lasted."

*************************** Source...Breast Cancer Care WA pamphlet, "Spirit" March 2012.

That reminds me of the movie PS I Love You.......that part always makes me cry!!

I want to be buried with a ph.......in hope I can haunt certain people! :lol:

I'd rather not be burried with a phone, damn telemarketers are bad enough without them following me into the afterlife too =p.

you'd be pretty lucky to get signal to receive a call 6ft under?

I mean I know that means voicemail will still work until the network cuts off your sim,
but your phone likely wouldn't ring?

Oh. I thought it was gonna be about sending pics of rude bits..... I was gonna put up my number;)

you'd be pretty lucky to get signal to receive a call 6ft under?

I mean I know that means voicemail will still work until the network cuts off your sim,
but your phone likely wouldn't ring?

Yeah, I agree, I don't reckon anyone would hear it ringing either..LOL

I'm going to be burned, so no one will be able to contact me. LOL

Oh. I thought it was gonna be about sending pics of rude bits..... I was gonna put up my number;)

Beard I love the way your mind works.... :lol:

This where a few old saying come from. Many years ago people were buried with a piece of string tied to their finger so if they were buried alive they could ring the bell. Hense the saying he is a dead ringer.
Also the person who was doing the listening was said to be doing " the graveyard shift".

People weren't really buried that deep and when the body gases released the bodies came up through the earth and this is why people thought that there was the living dead. They solved the problem by making tombstones ( as oppsed to digging a deeper hole) to keep the body pinned down.

This where a few old saying come from. Many years ago people were buried with a piece of string tied to their finger so if they were buried alive they could ring the bell. Hense the saying he is a dead ringer.
Also the person who was doing the listening was said to be doing " the graveyard shift".

People weren't really buried that deep and when the body gases released the bodies came up through the earth and this is why people thought that there was the living dead. They solved the problem by making tombstones ( as oppsed to digging a deeper hole) to keep the body pinned down.

I'd heard about the string tied to the body attached to a bell, and the expression...dead ringer and the grave yard shift...but never knew that was the reason for the tombstones.....!! Thanks for that added infor. :)

No probs.

What about it's raining cats and dogs? That one was from when people used to have a thatched roof. Cats ( and as the saying suggests dogs) used to get up in it as it was warm. But as it rained and became soggy they all climebd/fell out, hense the saying raining cats and dogs :)

No probs.

What about it's raining cats and dogs? That one was from when people used to have a thatched roof. Cats ( and as the saying suggests dogs) used to get up in it as it was warm. But as it rained and became soggy they all climebd/fell out, hense the saying raining cats and dogs :)

Yes I knew about that one, and I think that's also something to do with the 4 poster bed with the canopy on top to protect those sleeping in the bed.

I think that's also something to do with the 4 poster bed with the canopy on top to protect those sleeping in the bed.

I remember hearing somewhere (not sure if its true) that the canopy on top of 4 poster beds originated from the time (and area) when owl's would roost in the rafters of the house and you didn't want you bed covered in owl droppings, also possibly to keep out the cold a little....

I remember hearing somewhere (not sure if its true) that the canopy on top of 4 poster beds originated from the time (and area) when owl's would roost in the rafters of the house and you didn't want you bed covered in owl droppings, also possibly to keep out the cold a little....

This could be true....over the years I think all sorts of explanations have been offered, I think it's all very interesting.

I buried my husband with his phone... Not so he could call me or anything, just cause he always had it on him.
Then again he was buried with heaps of stuff, letters, photos, beer etc... Just one of those things you do...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back