Monitor enclosure advice please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is that fella - nice specimen indeed. I have along way to go with this little guy :lol: He's currently only in a 4ft tank give him a few years & he'll need a 4m avairy :shock:

Marc, i've made a few of these type enclosures for monitors and snakes.
If i could offer any advice is to go Plastic water tanks....dont rust, never need to paint, can have high outer walls, with an inbuilt pond (good for your mertens mate).....not only that, these days most of the mobs producing these tanks, now sell seconds.....pick up alot cheaper. for example say i spend $1200 on second tank (be cheaper down your way); including the cost to covert to a cage; replace the outer wire five years later....then sell it for say $600...you carnt really lose on spending the cash up front....not only that if you rent and want to move; empty and load on a ute...away you go, cool.

Awesome stuff indicus, I want something like that but I have to wait until my living arangements are a little more stable, altho the watertank idea is brilliant, never thought of it.

Inducus, where did you get the green mesh and what diameter is it?

thats a great I dea...indy...I am keen, oh bugger forgot his name down SA with the plastic water tanks

It's just mouse wire, kill rust sprayed green Peter..
Marc try your local distributors....be supprised what gets damaged in travel..

lol...sorry I ment the herp keeper in SA who uses plastic tanks...I have photos but wont post up coz I get shot again for not getting permission...but he has posted them on aps before

What the hell is the world comeing to, fair enough if they're personal pics, professional photography, but the sole purpose of this site is to spread knowledge, we do this with text, but as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words, fair enough if you're posting pics and claiming that its your snake when its not, but this is just stupid.

how come you continually bump the thread it gets a bit annoying seeing 5 posts with bump in them. also people may not want others to see how they keep there herps maybe thats a good reason to get permission first perhaps??

Remember you can get a $1000 rebate on water tanks in Qld :wink:

yeah I actually think its a % of what the tank cost...but yeah we get a rebat of some sort up here....

This is where my youngun's live, they are both 8mnths or so, they will be moved outside asap as i need the space for some little mertens, enclosure is 6ft x 3ft x 3ft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back