MONITOR EXPERTS PLEASE (Cloudy/Milky eyes in monitors??)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard from the store for a month so I figured the ackies must have some health problems, as I was told I would be called as soon as they're ready to go. I went in today to try and get an update, but the animals have still not been picked up and checked out!

Keeping any reptile kept at sub-optimal temperatures for a prolonged period is going to compromise its immune response and therefore make it more susceptible to infection and disease.

If the eye condition has not improved by now, it is likely to be infection based and will no doubt require appropriate antibiotic treatment. As for the likely effect on vision – that depends on the infective agent, the severity of the infection and the duration of the infection. At this point in time an assessment would be pure surmise.

It might be worth trying to contact the department section responsible for having the animals checked in order to expedite proceedings if you can. A call from the prospective owner could certainly not hurt, especially if you were to voice your concerns regarding the delay.

Blue

the monitors might be cold or ready to shed, or he has a infection of the eyes and eye lobs,, i am not 100% sure of this but from my experence i had a crack...ask a pro/ reptile park,walkabout park or a wildlife park near you

Haven't heard from the store for a month so I figured the ackies must have some health problems, as I was told I would be called as soon as they're ready to go. I went in today to try and get an update, but the animals have still not been picked up and checked out!
I've been asking about them and they keep saying they are sold but yet to be picked up.
Aren't they supposed to be closing for renovations?

Yep. I drop in there most weeks and it's empty so they have shut down at least for now... My deposit was refunded a while ago but I was told I would be called when they are ready to be sold. Still nothing...

Cheers for the info Blue, hopefully they're in better hands by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back