Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is!!! Thank's
A once a day spot clean and a weekly scrub keep's them looking good, but as I said I only got a few animal's, wouldn't wanna have to do it to 20 cages!!!!
Anyone else got monitors or monitor enclosures they wanna show off???

Yea I've got some but I don't want to show them after seeing yours! Absolutely awsome, you've inspired me for a mertensi enclosure now! Is that your mertens? I would love to see more pics of it and the set up.
Well Done Mate!

Nah mate the merten's is an old photo, just thought it was cool thats all, My mitchell's think's he is a mertens though, he never gets out of the water! only to bask, I was gonna get a mertens but for me to create an enclosure like the one I built for the mitchell's would have cost me a darn fortune and taken heaps of space! I paid about the same for her as I would have for a merten's,she is just more manageable that's all

Come on y'all surley someone has some cool monitor photos they wanna show off? I am really interested to see/read what people have out there!!!

You're lucky you don't live in Melbourne, we can't keep those beauties down here.

If you check out my gallery there are some pics of my hatchies and my old girl.

Sim

Yeah they are a class 2 up here too and aren't easy to find either!,
They are some beautiful tristis you have, did you breed the hatchies yourself?

nah I bought them from a guy down here in Melbourne. I hope to breed them in the future though, along with some others. Trouble is finding the nice ones!

Here is my female tristis, she is about 50cm long, the male is around 75cm and very big.
tristis2_001.jpg

and my male Heath monitor, I hope one day to find a female for him.
heath2_001.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo's, a new camera is needed I think.

Nice tristis boa!! I have a small oretalis but she is really flighty and no where as big as your guy's,
Nice heath monitor too, wish I had the space to keep the bigger guys, they are awesome!!!

Thanks, yeah they are beautiful animals. I will get a photo of my big male Tristis. The Heath is as big as I will be going, I would like Lacies but can't justify the space for them. I am on the look out for a female orientalis if you hear of one.

Beautiful animals boa. I would love to see an overall picture of their enclosure if thats possible as I am in the process of making some for my orientalis and need all the ideas I can get.

Simon

Boa is right...that IS a lovely Heath Monitor ;-)

Freerider....you're correct that Mitchell's are a Class 2 species, but as for being hard to obtain? Hardly....URS are currently selling Mitchells (and had adults advertised for probably 5 months) plus theres a couple of breeders in NT and QLD that regularly advertise them.

Simon Archibald

Yeah but when was the last time you saw one advertised (apart from yours) in NSW? I know I was looking for quite a while before I considered frieghting in? I never said they were rare, just not easy to find (like acckies and such), hell URS have perenties to but how often do you see them for sale?

he is a big pussy cat that perentie.... not...lol.. i stepped in the enclosure took a couple of happy snaps and then jumped out again he looked less then impressed :) he is a big fella would need one hell of an enclosure to keep him in freerider just imagine the landscaping you could do in there :)

Oh geez, he would make a mess of my living room!!!! maybe I could sleep in the garage and he could have my room!

It certainly is and it is a credit to your keeping, it is in magnificent condition and feeds like it has never eaten in it's life.

Simon_Archibald said:
Boa is right...that IS a lovely Heath Monitor ;-)

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back