More Hobbiton herping ?(my first night herp)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to receive an invite to the exclusive Hobbiton Herpers.
this was to be my first night time foray...have done plenty of night MTB'ing so the dark was not an issue.

As a complete newbie I think I only spotted one or 2 of the extremely common Underwoodisauris Milli. Part of this was extreme nebyness and the other was the headlamp was no where near bright enough....time to order the Princeton Tech extreme.

Anyway, had a great night, walked quite a few k's but the weather was beautiful.
Here are some pics...I have tried to identify as much as possible..where I was not reasonably sure I put unknown ...any corrections/ommission pls let me know

Just ghost over the pics for the names

Attachments

• Litoria Leseuri.jpg
    Litoria Leseuri.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Littoria Latopalmata.jpg
    Littoria Latopalmata.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 57
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
  • freshwater crayfish underwater shot.jpg
    freshwater crayfish underwater shot.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 61
  • frshwater crayfish.jpg
    frshwater crayfish.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 60
Here are the real herp ones..

Attachments

• Diplodactylus vittatus (Eastern Stone Gecko).jpg
    Diplodactylus vittatus (Eastern Stone Gecko).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Underwoodisauris milli (Thick tailed Gecko).jpg
    Underwoodisauris milli (Thick tailed Gecko).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Furina diadema Red Naped snake 1.jpg
    Furina diadema Red Naped snake 1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Red Naped snake 2.jpg
    Red Naped snake 2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 62
Great pics, looks like the night was a success. Could the green frog be Litoria phyllochroa?

Nice work on the red naped!! That's not so common.

Thanks Guys...have to restate I didnt actually spot any of the ones photographed...I just happened to be there...perhaps I can pull my weight a bit more next time

Great pics, looks like the night was a success. Could the green frog be Litoria phyllochroa?

Yep..thats the one...it was ID'd as that on the night by one of the more experienced herpers...but my memory for latin names is quite bad.

Hows your legs mate ??
Nice pics , good to see you got a few species too .

Legs are fine...I can walk all night...just climbing up/down gets the old back a but touchy.

Your first 2 pics are both Litoria lesururi.. and yes the other is phyllochroa, we also found a few Litoria freycineti as well as an echidna and wouldn't even like to guess how many milii were out last night, I'm too scared to look at the soles of my boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back