More Wild Beardie and RBB Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClareB

Reaction score
Well another weekend another herping afternoon. Only saw beardies and 1 RBB today. Only 1 half decent shot of the RBB as a car was coming and made him move off the road. He displayed some really interesting behaviour though. He had a large injury/gash about a third of the way down his body so I don't know if that had anything to do with it but he would hide the front half of himself and then jiggle his tail, I'm guessing as a form of distraction, and then when confronted he flared himself right out and raised right up just like a little cobra. Would just like to add the only reason he was confronted was to see he was OK.
Hope you like.

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

Great looking bearded dragons!

flared himself right out and raised right up just like a little cobra

I once lifted a sheet of tin and disturbed a RBBS that displayed the same as you described. It then dropped to the ground and shot into cover. It was very impressive but too quick for a photo.

Regards,
David

Great pictures,great 2 see reptiles in the wild,ive got heaps of beardys around where i am....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back