most unusual pet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, those slime moulds sound great, will have to get me some. As for unusual pets i keep australian tarantula's, trap door spiders, funnel web spiders, various scorpions, giant roaches, Giant crickets, Giant millipedes, over 20 species of stick insects. Also got katydid and grasshopper eggs cooking

my ex girlfriend cherished a freak hair for ages. you know one of those fine white face hairs that you can only see extremely close up with light behind it? it got to 3 or 4 cm, she was filthy when i pulled it out. hahah

haha, I had a pet eyebrow hair that was about twice as long as the others & kept sticking out, it drove my wife crazy, I wouldn't let her pluck it (mainly 'cause I was enjoying it driving her crazy haha). Then another one appeared on my other eye brow, so I kept telling her I needed them, I was growing antennae so I could walk around at night without bumping into things. haha. Unfortunately the cruel woman got them on consecutive nights while I slept, shocking way to wake up. Now I have sore shins from bumping into things at night.

Apart from that, I haven't had anything strange (well, not strange to people like us), but my brother used to keep a huntsman spider & a praying mantis.

never heard of slime molds before so I was curious enough to google for pics and info...

surely they have nothing to do with what I found in this link :shock::

Overman's Healthy Choices, Inc.: Slime Molds

LMFAO!!!! I checked the website, thought "what a quack", then came back to the email and noticed that you identify yourself as "blackduck". Congratulations on finding a quack, blackduck!! :lol:

WOW Slime Mold now that would be unusual.

When I was a kid I was fascinated by the Hornworm Caterpillars then when my kids were young I used to make what I called 'bug hatcheries' from old dressing table drawers - the ones that had the piece of masonite on the bottom that slid out as it made it easy to change their food and later set them free.
I would nail plastic tubing on the inside sides to keep fresh leaves in, tacked flyscreen on the open top of the drawer and stand it up on the front of the drawer. We would then find different types of caterpillars and put them in with a supply of what they were eating. Afterwards we would wait and watch to see the cycles as they turned into butterflies. It was amusing, interesting and educational.

well i used to think it would be snakes and lizzards but now look at me :D

probably pet rocks or imaginary pets are the most unusual

i have imported fish, i love bettas (fighting fish) but i don't like "fighters (betta splendens)
confused anyone yet? . well there are something like 30 plus species in the betta complex,
betta splendens being the one everyone knows, i found it boring so i'm keeping and breeding some of the wild species.

the one im working with at the moment is betta chonnoides its a mouth brooding species from bournieo.

Thanks for the link! I'll be putting in an order!

What type of katydid eggs do you have, Hornet? I have some katydid eggs on the go too, just the common green one you see in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back