Mounting lights.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scag

Reaction score
Hey, im thinking of building my own enclosure and was looking at using the prewired ceremic light sockets, anyone have any ideas on mounting them? Or Should i use ones with the reflector domes sitting on a mesh panel.

Thanks.

You could probably just drill a big enough hole to get the socket part or the plug (whichever is smaller) through. Then just use those plastic cable clips to hold the socket in place

id probs have to say gety a sparky. but to be honnest i wire all my own. once you have watched someone do it you feel silly for not doing it yourself after a bit of proper educated research.

Im not building one anymore, getting one built much easier :) Its a duel enclosure each side is 2w-4h-2d ft, do you think this will be larger enough to house my Bredli til adult?

???

Last edited:
That would be absolute minimum IMO. I'd personally give it something bigger but people do house them in that size

ok no worries, i plan to have a shelf up near the basking light, not to sure yet if ill need some ground heating.

the ceramic fitting i got unscrews and u undo the wires drill a hole slip it in and screw the other bit back on and it holds itself therecos the inside thread is smaller than the outside one so cant fall through the hole u drill any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back