Mousie Pix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My daughter has claimed these two mice. Aren't they just gorgeous :D and these two won't be going to snakes. They can live out their fat lives. Both mice are 5cm & 6cm wide.

Attachments

• 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 78
i have a thory a mouse would look and taste like a rabbit if skun.

Me thinks they need a diet. :lol: Cute though, I want to start breeding some to sell as pets aswell, rexes and siamese etc.

I have a European champagne hooded rat named Charlie....I agree, rats and mice are really, really cute. Charlie was 2 yrs old last Christmas. His brother Bruce...went to rattie heaven last November, but Charlie seems ok on his own now. He's in a different part of the house from my snake Barrie. :) I love all creatures great and small.

wow gozz - rex strains lab super mice - thats a big name for a little mouse. :D Rex? They got shorter hair or curly?

Im having trouble finding a couple of females around here:(I wanted to breed a few for food.looks like I might have to travel to get some

they reason i love snakes soo much - Becuase i hate rat and mice soo much more! :p just joking still hate them though! but our mice we breed are pritty cute! we got one that has no tail! whatever they are called!

They are called a Manx. I find it offensive that a little mouse could be named after a cat. My rodents are bred for the snakes too but you still gotta look after them. Our's get pretty damn spoilt, thats for sure.

I was told its a genetic thing in them that the Orange coloured mice carry a gene for obesity. These guys are a washed out orange but I guess that still have that same gene.

wow gozz - rex strains lab super mice - thats a big name for a little mouse. :D Rex? They got shorter hair or curly?
Yea i made the name up as a friend gave me his daugters mice 6 in total all white and from the 6 half were curly coated and half were normal so i split them up and now i have introduced some colour mice and have black curly coats cheers

i have a thory a mouse would look and taste like a rabbit if skun.

The great laboratory of life (specifically, the backyard barbecue and several volunteer bunnies and mice) tells me otherwise. They're not dissimilar to rat, which as white meat goes is not reminiscent of bunnies.

I remember seeing some photos of you somewhere Sdaji, eating BBQ'd rodents. You won't like mine, too much fat on them, but then isn't that where the flavour comes from?

I remember seeing some photos of you somewhere Sdaji, eating BBQ'd rodents. You won't like mine, too much fat on them, but then isn't that where the flavour comes from?
pd1963231.jpg

They are called a Manx. I find it offensive that a little mouse could be named after a cat. My rodents are bred for the snakes too but you still gotta look after them. Our's get pretty damn spoilt, thats for sure.

I was told its a genetic thing in them that the Orange coloured mice carry a gene for obesity. These guys are a washed out orange but I guess that still have that same gene.

Correct. I have bred mice for many years (as a kid / teenager) and worked on ginger lines - IMO the ginger ones are the BEST - big, placid, friendly, never timid. I used to have one called Mummy Mouse (my best breeder) the would FOLLOW ME along the road, walking next to me when I walked to the paddocks to get my horses. She would then sit on their mane, walking back to the stables, and sit on the stable door while I groomed my horses! She was a legend!

my kids too have adopted some of my breeders as pets. Theyre not too bad as a pet, theyre kinda growing on me.
A friend gave my son the fattest mouse ever (thanks Baz) and she's not pregnant. She is an awesome mouse, super friendly.

:lol: fattest mouse and not pregnant. I have had quite a few of them. I actually culled out 10 really obese ones not long ago that could have passed for baby rats. I wanted to breed more of the orange ones, they're so pretty. Maybe dailyskin can tell us what I need to do or feed them to stop them from getting so fat :lol: I do get mouse and rat cubes when ever I go to Port Macquarie but Kempsey does not keep them so often buy other pellets - horse, pig and cattle are three different ones I've had for them. But I also give them dried corn, and at end of day we have a collection of food scraps from the day - veges, fruit bits, bread, sometimes a sausage or the bones from chicken or meat. Once a week or fortnight I buy them a tin of baby food - meat/vege variety. So they are are well fed - maybe too much? They don't get all that in one day. Pellets yes, everyday, and what they get from the scrap bowl varies each day. They might get just a little bit of veges one time, bit of meat the next, weekends lucky if they only get a bit of bread.

Sounds like they are just well fed!

Whatever people do, don't feed the 'mix' feeds, cos they just pick out what they like!

I had an obese ginger mouse, and when I cleaned out her bed, I found a MASSIVE stash of husks from sunflower seeds - that was all she'd been eating!

Bread will get them fat too!

Cubes and lots of fresh veg (carrots, apples, no lettuce etc.) is the way to go - maybe just feed a little less? They are like piggies at a (very delicious) buffet by the sounds of it!

I know they are snake food but I still the same respect for my breeders as I do for my snakes..

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg