Mouth Colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Hi all I was just wondering if any one has experinced mouth colour change in dragons. I'm asking because when i first got my eastern beardies and jackies there mouth was yellow. For the first two years there mouth was yellow (this was when they were eating mainly wild caught insects) After brumation this year my woodie colonies were established and there wernt alot of wild insects around so about 95% of there diet was woodies. But now all there mouths are pink. So I pose this question Is mouth colour to do with diet. Or is it because they have quietened down. The previous owner never spent any time with his dragons. But now they are hand tame. So is the mouth colour a defence mecanism and they no longer feel threatened.

This is my eastern beardie from last years batch of eggs. Born with yellow mouth but now its pink. Is that to do with anything?

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
Is it related to dominance, I have noticed the dominant male in my jacky dragon tank has a bright yellow mouth while the rest of the jackies have yellow/pink mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back