Moving to VIC from QLD - Woma and Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankgrimes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - Due to work, I am having to move to Vic from Qld, I currently have a Woma and 2 beardies.

From what I read here: DEPI - Private wildlife licences Woma's are on the basic license (As are beardies)?, so will I just need to apply for a Vic license (Looks to be a bit more expensive than QLD!!), but then how do I transfer them from my QLD license -> VIC license?

Also - Transporting them - Can anyone recommend a company that will transport them for me? Costs, what container do I freight them in, and do I need to add any insulation to try and maintain some heat during transport?

Cheers.

I did the opposite and moved from Vic to Qld. I freighted with AaE and had someone pick them up for me and take them to my licensed address. So apply for a Vic license which can take a while. Fill out import/export forms for both states. Put your qld details as the seller/sender and the Vic as the buyer/receiver.

Hope that all makes sense. It is just a bit of paperwork but not all that complicated.

I did the opposite and moved from Vic to Qld. I freighted with AaE and had someone pick them up for me and take them to my licensed address. So apply for a Vic license which can take a while. Fill out import/export forms for both states. Put your qld details as the seller/sender and the Vic as the buyer/receiver.

Hope that all makes sense. It is just a bit of paperwork but not all that complicated.

Cheers for the info - RE AAE, what did you use to transport (i.e. a click-clack or something else? And did you use anything additional to secure it(tape/etc?), and did you insulate it at all? Im assuming you would have to go same day delivery? What was approx costs?

I transported two pythons in the same box. Both were bagged up then put in cardboard boxes then placed in a rigid plastic box with shredded paper in between.

I've had a of mine come freighted in click clacks though just make sure you have enough padding around them and they should be fine.

It was a while ago when AaE was still AaE (it is now Qantas freight). It cost me $120 for quite a big box. I recently had some larger pythons freighted from Townsville to Cairns which only cost $65 so maybe call for a quote.

For a minute there RF I thought it was you coming back to Melbourne.........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back