Mucusie Blotchie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got a new blotched blue tongue from a 13year who lost interest in it. I went over saw his tank. I hate when kids like us get mislead on how to keep reptiles. He had been keeping him in a glass enclosure with only a hot rock for heating for about 5 years so I'm surprised that it survived. I'm not going to mention the name off the pet shop, but my 5 year old blue tongues were kept the same way and got pneumonia because i was wrongly informed by this pet shop(I was 8 at the time), just like this guy. Getting back to the subject, the blotchie last night had a large amount of mucus stringing from his mouth. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm praying he didn't get pneumonia like mine.
Thanks, Simon.
P.S He is in a heated wooden tank now, don't worry.

Could it be mouth canker? What are it's gums like?

Sobrien,
Hate to say, but it dosen't sound good, if it's just mucus, then it is worrying especially given the way it was kept by the boy.
I would get it checked by a good reptile vet, and keep it away from the rest of your collection until you are sure it is 100%.
Mouth canker is a secondary condition of something else more serious, worth checking for that, but it won't be the primary coarse.

Good luck , keep us updated.

Neil

Thanks for your replies
It hasn't happend since but I'm talking him to the vet so I'll keep you posted
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back