Mulga Monitor (Gillens) Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got an opportunity to buy a pygmy mulga monitor.. I am keen to, but the enclosure I can get for it has got no UV light fixture. Do they need UV tubes? Or will the heat/UV combination be OK?

I keep my ackies with only a UV/heat bulb and just normal fluros and they seem fine..

Cheers

I have heard and read that they do not need UV. I kept my Ackies for many yrs without UV. I would assume gilleni would do fine without it aswell.

Gilleni don't need UV but a really hot basking spot of at least 45'C and up to 70'C. My juvie gilleni has access to 70'C which he uses ocationally.

If you are referring to the a bulb like the MV ones then yes you will be fine. UV doesn't have to be supplied via a fluro tube.

Sweet guys. I figured they'd be the sane as the ackies but thought I'd check just in case. Thanks!

PhilK - Keep them the same as you keep your Ackies...

I also include additional branches etc for them to climb along as they are a VERY acrobatic and agile Monitor. Very interesting to watch launching themselves around after bugs once they've warmed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back