Multiple Identities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the rules and protocols were about individuals who have more than one username on this forum?

site rules #10

There is a limit of one membership per person. Multiple people in the same household can have an account each (after Administrator approval), but accounts created for any other purpose will be deleted. Note that if a member is suspended, all other accounts in that household may also be suspended.

If you deffinately know that this is happening then the best thing to do would be to report it to the mods and get them to check it out and take further action if needed. Include the user names that you suspect are the same person in your message/e-mail etc as well.

If you have registered a username to become a member on here PLEASE DON'T allow friends to register on your computer. This comes up as a multiple account and although it "may" be a genuine different person we have no way of differentiating this so the other account will be suspended and your friend left wondering why.. then they complain via the support centre and we have to go throught this issue time and time again all because the original member doesn't read the rules and signs up whoever on their computer that already has their registered username.

send your friends the link to register on their OWN computer and explain the reason why.

If your aware of a member having more than one username and accounts please flag them to the mods.

people in the same household may be given permission to have an additional family member user account only after they ask admin (via the support centre) and its approved. Too many people join up here and then immediately create a second account.

If you loose your password dont make a new account.. go to the support centre and lodge a ticket and you will be sent a password reset for your original account.

If you have registered a username to become a member on here PLEASE DON'T allow friends to register on your computer. This comes up as a multiple account and although it "may" be a genuine different person we have no way of differentiating this so the other account will be suspended and your friend left wondering why.. then they complain via the support centre and we have to go throught this issue time and time again all because the original member doesn't read the rules and signs up whoever on their computer that already has their registered username.

send your friends the link to register on their OWN computer and explain the reason why.

If your aware of a member having more than one username and accounts please flag them to the mods.

people in the same household may be given permission to have an additional family member user account only after they ask admin (via the support centre) and its approved. Too many people join up here and then immediately create a second account.

If you loose your password dont make a new account.. go to the support centre and lodge a ticket and you will be sent a password reset for your original account.

a bit hard for those of us on the Optus network and/or in share accommodation where people have the one outgoing IP address for several computers.

a bit hard for those of us on the Optus network and/or in share accommodation where people have the one outgoing IP address for several computers.

It's not soley on IP address, if that was the case you would have issues on 95% of ISP in australia with Dynamic IP addresses.

It's a huge problem on some of the message boards I go to regularly.

People who like to troll will frequently have more than one dual account apart from their main HIGH POST COUNT account, they use these dual accounts to attack other members and the dual accounts are sacrifical, soon as the mods ban the dual account they create a new dual account and pick up where they left off.
They also use dual accounts to gang report other members that they don't like.

Yes I can't think of a legitimate reason for one person to have multiple accounts, it would only create potential problems for the mods and for other members.

and you get a permanent infringement notice too, my wife and I both had accounts, we logged in from the same computer occasionally, but as they were linked to our generic email account (so we can filter the emails) I had both accounts suspended, a permanent infringement and a wife who now just uses my account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back