my 25 year old s.e.queensland python won't eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitedude

Reaction score
Hi crew i've owned fang since he was part of a clutch of eggs rescued from near glasshouse mountain in 1988.Since then I've been through all the usual problems, well some of them, like my python won't eat,or watching for cues as to whether the food is too big or small,(he took his last rat 12 years ago in the middle and folded it in two! Head and tail disappearing together! Well he seems well and in good tone, pacing as I write but just not interested in the Peruvian mountain rat waiting to go. Why Peruvian mountain rat, well when someone asks what I feed him and I say Guinie pigs they hit me so I call them that. Anyhow he hasn't eaten yet coming off winter, which means since late may! He gets enough uv and isn't too cool, drinks a bit otherwise he's fine. Had trouble about 10 years ago coming off winter and the vet gave him vit D,vit C and some antibiotics which made him quite feisty and snappy until he ate. I hope your learned collectiveness can help sort this out. Thanks & regards Kytman.

Hi Tobe404 and dragondragon I' tried a rabbit and it worked. Took him awhile but he got it down and I chain fed him a guinea pig as well. Can't help with wild thing 'cause I don't really know if he's male or female, except on two or three sloughs there was a pair of what looked like oryx horns about 10 mm long at the vent so I'm guessing he's a he. Thanks crew. The Kite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back