My Beardie laid her eggs :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarLioness

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My beardie, Sahara, finally laid her eggs this morning. There was only 8 and I think she must have accidently squashed 3 because they were split open with the yolk seeping out. The remaining 5 are plump and bright white though

I have them in a container in a hovabator with the temp at 30 degrees. Im slightly paranoid about the humidity though - There is no condensation on the lid, the humidity is at about 80% - does this sound ok? This is the first time I have ever done this so Im going to be having a mild heartattack for a couple of months until they hatch (if they are fertile and all ok :shock:)

Sahara seems to be doing well - she looks so skinny now :) I laughed at how 'non-maternal' they are - she guarded her burrow for about an hour before hunting crickets became much more interesting :)

congratulations and good luck. those eggs wouldnt have been squashed she most likely ripped them with a claw while walking over them or burying them. some are more careful some are just clumsy or careless in that department. my current females are all clumsy.:)

is 8 enough?

i thought they generally lay more,....keep an eye on her to make sure nothing got stuck.

Congrats to mummy. :)

too many wheatbix bobafaet?

LunarLioness.....what colour is the sire & dame?

Chris1...depends on age...a dames first lay is generally around mid teens...& as they get older they also have less eggs
being that they have more in their prime

newbie to pythons never had one help

help me what do l need help

pop poppopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopooppopopoopopopoppooppooppopppopppppppppppppppoooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopopo

you shouldnt ask your question in this thread. use the search function that question has been asked a million times before.

congratulations and good luck. those eggs wouldnt have been squashed she most likely ripped them with a claw while walking over them or burying them. some are more careful some are just clumsy or careless in that department. my current females are all clumsy.:)

Aha, I see, yep, sounds like she's a clumsy one too then!

is 8 enough?

i thought they generally lay more,....keep an eye on her to make sure nothing got stuck.

Congrats to mummy. :)

Thanks Chris, I thought they should lay more too, I assumed maybe she is a bit young..

LunarLioness.....what colour is the sire & dame?

Chris1...depends on age...a dames first lay is generally around mid teens...& as they get older they also have less eggs
being that they have more in their prime

Aha, thanks dragon lady, sounds like maybe she is probably still a 'teenager' and didnt have many. She does look completely 'skinny', I dont think there are any more eggs...

the dame, Sahara, was actually pregnant when we bought her so Im not too sure of the colour of the sire. Sahara is very light grey on the back and almost white underneath. They are western beardies though and I dont think they vary all that much in colour (correct me if Im wrong, Ive just never seen any other colours). Our male is grey too, but he is a dark grey with almost black patterns on his back

I may be wrong..but western beardies have clutches are generally around 16 eggs anyway?
i think...anyone?

they are a smaller dragon...so her laying 8 eggs is probably normal....
make sue you dose her up with calcium every feed!....keep the fluids up
bathing her is a great hydration technique
after egg laying...they lose a lot of calcium...some dont recover well if you dont give them plenty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back