my blue toungue is shedding should he be wet or dry he is dry at moment please help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
my blue toungue is shedding should he be wet or dry he is dry at moment please help.

up to you, if u wanna give him a soak or spray to help soften the skin so he can get it off easier im sure he wont mind.
if you take the soaking option make the bath shallow as bluies cant swim.

I usually leave mine to their own devices. Most times they shed same day, occasionally they take a day & a bit, rarely, but has happened, I've had to assist after a couple of days. Now if it's been fairly dry (like last week), I'll give them the occasional misting if I can see they're coming up for a shed & that seems to help, but generally I leave them to do it themselves. Just check tail tip, & toes in particular, & remove any retained skin.

I normally give mine a bath the day after shedding just to ensure any left overs come off no probs, they normally have a scale here and there left over that come off after a few days but i like to give them a bath just to help them along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back