My Friday night / Sat morning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
A mate and I went out for a herp in the Royal last night, left about 9pm, first find was a gravid milii
Gravidmilii.jpg

about 4 feet away was this little male stone gecko
Stone1.jpg

then another stone, nice markings with original tail.......and a few skin worms
Stone2.jpg

Stone3.jpg

next find was a juvie Broad Tail on a log
Broadtailhatchy.jpg

then a few frogs... like green leaf frogs and Lesueur's frogs
Greenleaf1.jpg

lesueurii-1.jpg

a couple more Broad Tails were seen
Broadtailmale.jpg

On the way back we found a nice male milii, with original tail, he was quite large too.
Malemilii.jpg

Malemilii1.jpg

Malemilii2.jpg

then to top off all Sydney's geckos, a grubby lesueurii with regrown tail
lesueuriimale-1.jpg

So I got to bed at 3am, woke up at 6am, had to sort this out
Murray.jpg

then went down to Audley for a look with my son and another mate, Short neck turts were on every log
turtandskink.jpg

turts.jpg

turts1.jpg

a old man Water Dragon in his cave
WaterDragon.jpg

water skinks were everywhere as where other common species
WaterSkink.jpg

then to top it of, a couple of diamonds
AudleyDiamond.jpg

Audleydiamond3.jpg

Audleydiamond2.jpg

now... I'm stuffed!!!

is the skin worm just in front of the rear right leg? great pics.

Well done, Jason! You certainly found some excellent species. Two Diamonds on the same day is quite a feat.

Regards,
David

I'm very envious. That's just about the perfect 24hours

re My

Some really good pictures of your finds jason,we can all be thankfull of the national parks and reserves close to sydney,politicains got something right when they put them aside,top stuff.

Wow, you've certainly been busy! :D What awesome pics-thanks for posting! And congrats on the eggs!

You get a few more than that Ryan, your just looking in the wrong spots...

really? what else, I am like 1 hour north from smiths lake, I know there are asian house geckos at port maqaurie, thats like 1 hour north of me. (sorry to take the thread of topic) did you come across any pygopods? do you ever see cyclodomophus spp or brown tree snakes in royal?

Not only good finds, but very good picture work as well.

really? what else, I am like 1 hour north from smiths lake, I know there are asian house geckos at port maqaurie, thats like 1 hour north of me. (sorry to take the thread of topic) did you come across any pygopods? do you ever see cyclodomophus spp or brown tree snakes in royal?

You should get all the ones I came across with the exeption of the Broadies, though they are in the Newcastle area, I'm not sure how common milii are in your area. No Pygopods this week, and I have never seen She -oaks in the Royal, they are more common in the Eastern Suburbs and the Illawarra areas, Brown Tree Snakes are in Heathcote N. P. but hard to find.

Awesome pictures! In the first photo of the turtle, I think there's a skink on the same log as the turtle (further up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back