My marchers!! (N. Levis pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glider

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just received a trio of N. Levis Pilbarensis from Ari and while making their new home I finally got around to taking a couple of pics of my awesome gecko's. Sorry for the quality, it's a cameraphone.... but I figure everyone likes pics regardless!

Here's a pic of my pair of N. Levis Levis in a holding container while I cleaned their enclosure. The male is the red one, and the female is the purple one. I'd love to breed them, and the boy keeps trying, but the girl doesnt want anything to do with him! :(
Maybe I'll stud him out next season so he can get some lovin ;)

The other pic is of my brand new babies, three N. Levis Pilbarensis in their nursery tub. They're little cuties! I can't wait to see them grow up.

Cheer
Carolyn

Attachments

• bigmarchers.JPG
    bigmarchers.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 178
  • littlemarchers2.JPG
    littlemarchers2.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 166
Gorgeous little things. Just a question; can they breathe properly in one of those storage containers with no airholes in the top? Because when I bought my gecko, that's what she was being kept it. I changed her enclosure but was just curious.

I dont have a pic of the container with the lid on, but theres lots of space for air to get in and out. I've melted holes all around the top of the container with a soldering iron, and also all around the edge of the lid, and the lid has a 7cm x 12cm rectangle cut out of it with flyscreen covering the hole. :)

what do you keep them in?

-Jared

I keep the bubs in a 'Sistema' clip-lid lunchbox.
http://www.plasticsandstorage.com.au/foodstorage.htm (bottom of page, the 3L one. It's the same as the 2L one but taller, it looks odd in that pic though)
I bought it from bunnings for $8.

Then they're a bit bigger I have an ExoTerra cage for them. My adult Levis live in a Reptile One tank, as seen mhear:

The tank used to have another cave and some hanging branches and looked awesome, but in practice the crickets used to climb up the plants so the gex couldnt reach them, and the gex used to under-mine the cave and didnt like it anyway, so I got rid of it for a bigger dirt mound and half a coconut for them to hide in the hot/shallow end. They like this set-up much better.

Attachments

• 10012007055.jpg
    10012007055.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 87
Levis

Very nice geckos, I just got a female levis for my male and busted them mating on the first nite. My boys a stud :D

You're really lucky! Well maybe I'm just unlucky.... my male keeps trying to get it on, but the female always puts her tail up in the air like a big STOP sign, and runs away if he doesnt back off. hehe she's such a prude!

Nice geckos!

Glider, you are having the same issue as me- the female is non-receptive!

I have separated mine and now my female will even come out in the day to get food. Try separating for 1-2weeks, feed the female UP, also feed the male (obviously) and then re-introduce and see what happens. Have you got a moist sand hill in the enclosure or a moist nesting site/ Box?

Shawn

My female was exactly the same when i 1st put her in, but later on that nite they must have worked something out cos i busted em

Repz- Good luck! I was lucky enough to come accross my pair at a pet shop! I was new to keeping gecko's at the time so didnt realise how unusual it is to find them for sale like that.

Rocket- I've recently changed from night-heating to 24/7 heating in my enclosure and both my gecko's are out and about all day and night now. They're both active and eating very well and have a great big moist sand dune on one side of the tank that keeps them busy excavating when they're not basking. Still no romance in the dirt. The female has deffinitely put on some decent weight in the last month or so, but I cant see any eggies and I can see her rejecting her boyfriend on a nightly basis. I might try seperating them for a week or two and see how that goes. A question though, I thought breeding season was pretty much over??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back