My Name Sake --> NRE-808

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NRE-808

Reaction score
here is where my name comes from :) Its not a classic but i love the little beast.

1000459rc8.jpg

1000458ss9.jpg

1000461nu1.jpg

1000460hq5.jpg

1000462zs7.jpg

1000463ij6.jpg

1000464vu1.jpg

It's a 1972 Mazda 808 with a Large Extend Ported 13B running a 51mm d/d IDA Weber. The exhaust is all Stainless Steel running two Stainless Mufflers. It's got a Hilux Diff, all round series 5 turbo RX7 disc brakes, custom 3" tail shaft, series 5 turbo RX7 5 speed gear box.
As it stands, it needs some minor tuning on the dyno, the interior to be put back in which has been fully retrimed in brown vinyl as was standard, a set of Venetian Blinds to be put in, a couple of knitted things over the parcel shelf and the dash and it will be finished.

not force fed yet but its all ready for that conversion later on... alls i'd need then is a turbo motor, a computer and a few small things... its all been prepped just in case i want to :) i love the sound of the carbied rotars :) they sound tougher in my opinion

tougher LOL :) get 20psi behind it, that'll define tough :D..

What pound are you running atm?

Are you going to put the RX3 nose cone and tail lights on the little beast?

Nice,
get some hubcaps, white wall tyres & venetians :)

Dont go down the mock-up RX3 route along with every other w-ankel fan.
I should post some pics up of some of my old mazda racers.

Go the rotors, looks very nice!!! Love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit for what they are they fly!!!
We have n't had one for a few years but had a 808 wagon with a 12a standard, which got changed to 12 app, locker etc and it looked crap with dents on every panel etc but it smashed a lot of people!!!
Also had a rx4 with 12a j port, then a 13b turbo, series 1 rx7 13b mild and a rx7 series 2 with a 13b mild port with a turbo.
Nearly everyone i know had one or new someone that had one (or something with a rotor in it, be it a gemini or whatever) at that time but you don't see alot anymore (except for a local guy with an rx3, 20b turbo (yes 20b!!) auto, wheelie bars etc(those rotor shaped tail lights my sister sold him!!)etc etc he has spent over $100,000 on it and you should hear it!!
He came past one day waving with the front wheels in the air and the back nearly facing the gutter and a big grin from ear to ear!!!
Anyway good luck with yours and sorry about my rambling!!!
Ps Is that Johnny the homicidal maniac in your avatar???

Sure is NNY :D great comic :)

its not boosted yet and wont be for a while. In regards ti the 13" wheels and hubbies... they wont fit over the upgraded brakes and as the stud pattern has been changed... i think i might have to look into getting some steelies customised so i can fit them. I had a set of 1300 hubbies for it which a mate now has...

It's staying an 808... not changing a thing :) i hate that people call 808's with rx3 front bars rx3's :( makes me sad :(

Another rotary guy.
I own a 323 and am doing a 12a large extend port conversion soon. :)

[QUOTE

. In regards ti the 13" wheels and hubbies... they wont fit over the upgraded brakes

What about Saab chaser rims??Oh sorry i just read pattern has been changed.
What did you change it to?

Yeah it makes it hard to tell an original RX3 from on 808
I 'think' the fuel lines in an original RX3 run down the right hand side??

the quickest and easiest way to tell is the factory ID plate and the nose cone, tail lights and dash is different... too many people out there trying to make themselves and rx3 by buying an 808... makes me sad :)

guess what my name means , well it explain it self yes i like rum ....lol..............
p.s. nice stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back