My new enclosure for my 2x bearded dragons, 2x blues and 1 bredli.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_jam

Reaction score
Well as my topic title states i am in the process of buildin my new enclosure for my collection.

The 2 beardies live together (scratch & spike). the bluey's (Bluey & well we havent named the other yet) are sperated and the bredli (billy bob) well he gets one entire enclosure to him self.

The enclosure is 1200x600x600, ventilation in the top of the enclosure. Glass sliding front doors.

Well here you go:
The enclosure im working on at the moment is the blue tongue one, hense the devider;

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 106
Are you using MDF ?

Where did you get the track for your sliding glass doors.

yeh its 16mm mdf. just gunna paint them.

um you can get the tracks from bunnings, they are in the fly screen section. they are like $20 a set and it will do one enclousre.

For all of those that are intrested here is some pics of 2 of the enclosures finished. Im going to finish the enclosure for the bredli this week. should look good when its all finished.

well pics tell a 1000 words

Attachments

• bearded_enclosure.jpg
    bearded_enclosure.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Bluies_enclosure.jpg
    Bluies_enclosure.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 128
  • both_enclosure.jpg
    both_enclosure.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 134
  • both_enclosure2.jpg
    both_enclosure2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Zeros_enclosure.jpg
    Zeros_enclosure.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 129
Well here are some pics of the owners of the new homes.

1. Bluey
2. And another of bluey
3. Zero
4. Another of Zero
5. And this is Spike
He also lives with scrath, but at the moment he is in at the vet getting some dental work done.

hope everyone likes.

Attachments

• bluey.jpg
    bluey.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 68
  • bluey2.jpg
    bluey2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 55
  • zero.jpg
    zero.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 53
  • zero2.jpg
    zero2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 51
  • spike3.jpg
    spike3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 73
yeh they are my first build hey... i thought they turned out awesome.

im feeding the bluies dog foor, carrot, banana, apple, stuff like that.

I would say that all up for the 3 of them including all the light fitings, glass, heat elements, paint, etc is about $750.

yeh i got a company called cut to size to do all my mdf stuff. all the batterns and wiring stuff from ideal electrical, and the thermostats and stuff from www.herpshop.com.au and glass from a company near my house.

yeh i have all my setup in the garage. easy to manage.

i got one more also finished, should be done tomo morning sometime and thats for my bredli.

i also picked up 2mtrs x 6.5mtrs of asrto turf today from mate for $40. so that will be the base for all my enclosures.

then i will start another 3 more next week for my others to move into. should be good when i get them all done.

all up im going to probably do about 9 enclosures. got some more plans for new residents.

keep the feed back coming.

looks good jimmy jam, i'm doing the same kind of thing just using melamine instead of mdf, and the same sized enclosures just in a bank of 3. Did you get finger slots put in your glass? costs about $1.50-$2 per piece but saves finger prints on the glass. Bunnings supplied everything for mine except glass, thermostats and ceramic heat emitters. Mine came to about $900, including cages for all of my lights.

yeh im doing 3 bank enclosures to.

just finished the 3rd one today. all ready to go, just getting temps right first before billy bob the bredli goes in. also astro turfed the lot today and going out tomo and getting some new rocks and logs for the lot.

some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0232.jpg